Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My dog was killed yesterday...hit and run

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

My dog was killed yesterday...hit and run

Yesterday, my lil adopted Yorkie, that I just got in August, was killed. She had a bad habit of bolting out of the front door. This time, I couldn't catch her in time and she ran, and ran and ended up on a very busy road. How sad. I'm so sad.

I loved her, always felt sorry for her, becuase she was abused by her original owners - why would anyone get a little dog or any dog and abuse them?  Beyond sick....... I told her on Friday nite that she is in her forever home...it's so very sad.

How could anyone run over a dog and not stop? Just keep going?  We had to carry her little body home...and take her to the vet to be buried...what a hard day and today is still hard.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My dog was killed yesterday...hit and run

Sorry for your loss.
Message 2 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

Sorry for your loss.  I'm sure she's bolting through the clouds now.  Let it snow in her memory. 
Message 3 of 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I'm so sorry. As you know we lost our dachsund several months ago. The loss is terrible no matter how it happens. You'll always have that memory of her though. I think of the things Bogie used to do and it makes me smile. Keep that close to your heart.
Message 4 of 15
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Very sad to hear about this, daisy, and very sorry for your loss.  DW and I have been there, too. 

Keep her in your heart, and smile when you think of her, and she'll always be there for you. 

Message 5 of 15
demi
Established Contributor

So sorry for your loss, its so hard to lose a furry friend.  I will never understand how someone could do a hit and run. 

My dogs (both rescue pugs) are my closest confidents (face it, they are not going to spread rumors about you!) and provide unconditional love.  We don't get enough time with our pets, something like this is that much more tragic. 

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

so so sorry.  I lost one of mine that way but at least the guy stopped.  I think he felt as bad as I did.

It is a good reason for training them to the word no.

Message 7 of 15
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Awwwwwww, I'm so sorry!Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 15
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support. I'm still very sad and I'm still crying...I truly felt sorry for that little dog, knowing that she was abused and she didn't live that long....The good news is that she had the last part of her life in a loving home...

RIP Pepper. Mommy misse u.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Message 9 of 15
Guardian
Valued Contributor

I am sorry for your loss. It is often overlooked how much a pet can possibly mean to someone and it is hard to see them go, especially like this. I am sure it will be sad for your family and it will take time to adjust but it will happen. Focus on the good times and again very sorry for the loss, they are always missed, I have had a few of my own so I know the feeling that is associated with it.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.