cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My unpleasant experience and GRRRRR at the cost of meds!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My unpleasant experience and GRRRRR at the cost of meds!

Yesterday evening we cooked on the grill, like always, and then came in to eat. I went into the kitchen and open the fridge to grab me a Dew and as I started to stand back up, something stung me on the neck area.

No clue what it was.

Later last night, my spouse noticed a small blister popped up where the sting site was.

Then......my throat started swelling, my whole neck hurt down into my chest and back of neck, top of shoulders. I could barely swallow water.

Knowing that it would be outrageous, I really didn't want to go to the ER. I could still breathe, that was a plus. But a negative was knowing that grandfather died really young as a result of stings.

Everytime I'd fall asleep, I'd wake myself up b/c I was so scared it would swell on up and my throat would completely close.

This morning I bit the bullet and went to the Urgent Care Clinic. A shot of steriods and $88 later, I am feeling better and have meds for my allergies as well, figured why I was there might as well get the most for my $.

I fill prescrips at Wal-Mart b/c of their $4 drugs. However, the antihistamine eye drop was $50. That was AFTER insurance paid. Ugh.

I know $88 total(co-pay and meds) seems small compared to what some have to pay, but when I pay over $300 a month for health/prescrip insurance, it just seems outrageous. First time I've used the insurance in 3 years, I don't think the insurance company lost any money. Of course others on the plan have used it, but not much. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My unpleasant experience and GRRRRR at the cost of meds!

I also want to add that while I was there I got a copy of their Privacy Policy. They state in their privacy policy they ONLY use your information in connection with billing when they send YOU a bill or to a third party PAYER.

Under their "responsibilities" it says they are to abide by the Privacy Policy.

So, how can they release information to a collection agency?

Does HIPAA or this override?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My unpleasant experience and GRRRRR at the cost of meds!

Well I am a nurse and if you see one of us drop and pill and use the 5 sec rule you can bet it is at least a $10.00 pill. The cost of some meds are crazy!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.