Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico - Announcement

tag
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

Re: MyFico - Announcement

I understand what you're saying but when I want to know more about a persons approval when certain information is missing, I simply ask. "Hey what was your scores on approval.. How many inquiries did you have?? Etc..

Nothing wrong with asking.

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 699 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 11 of 14
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

@FIRECOURAGE wrote:
I understand what you're saying but when I want to know more about a persons approval when certain information is missing, I simply ask. "Hey what was your scores on approval.. How many inquiries did you have?? Etc..

Nothing wrong with asking.

Your correct there's nothing wrong with asking, people have even private messaged me asking a couple questions and i'm glad to answer them. That's also a good way to find out information that someone might not feel comfortable sharing so publicly.

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread is funny, I agree with op and pizza1.  Every board has annoying people who post liKe Dis!!!!!111 and not very informative but if that's the worst you have to deal with then this community is doing ok.  Other boards I am on you have way worse problems with the types of posts they allow and the hurtful things that are said, this is not a big deal (the chest pounding or the whining.)  I posted a thread like that without much info because I was scared of putting to many personal pieces, but someone nicely asked and said it would help others, so I posted it and no big deal.

Let me explain the psychiatric reasoning behind the chest pound posting, in my case, so maybe it doesn't offend people so much.  I had a problem and posted here, got some awesome advice, and it took a long time but I got a problem resolved.  I just wanted to tell people without exposing myself, it seemed ok to say "My credit jumped 100 points" and first post "uh, how you do that?".  It's common sense but when you are in gloat mode it's not clear thinking (just like flame mode).

I hope this was constructive, I don't mean to f with anyone, op or anyone else.

Message 13 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This is an interesting thread... I'm once again in the unenviable position of seeing both points of view. 

Anyway, the times I've posted on here about my approvals/CLIs I've made a point to do so as a 'data point' - most of the time I even put that in my subject line.  While I'm of course pleased when my friends on here are happy for me, that's not the primary purpose of my posting. 

About the only time I've ever started a thread that might have appeared to be 'chest thumping' was when my almost nine year-old QS1 finally got a PC to a Quicksilver after all these years of being told "no".  I admit I was quite pleased at the time, but my purpose for sharing wasn't to 'gloat', it was to alert others that even if they had repeatedly been told 'no' that they shouldn't give up.

The forums here have been instrumental in my credit rebuild; as I've mentioned before (several times) my only complaint is that I didn't come here earlier.  There are other boards if someone feels this one isn't a good 'fit' for them, but for me and my purposes/needs the moderation and TOS here are an excellent fit, and I feel the mods and the great majority of the contributors here do an excellent job.  For the occasional thread (or post) that doesn't suit me, I simply keep moving, and generally will find dozens below it that do; I don't waste my time being angry or lashing out - it's just not productive.

I'll also add that there's a site that has the sole-purpose of providing straight-up stats for approvals and denials (we can't link to it here, but it's easily found with google).  If someone is only looking for raw data, perhaps that board is a better place to do research.

Just my 2¢. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.