Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico - Announcement

tag
tussking
Established Contributor

MyFico - Announcement

The reason I found this forum was to help me and others.

There are more and more posters just here to IMO gloat or boast about what cards or CLI's they get.

While GREAT FOR YOU - Hope you got the needed pat on your back...

Why not put your scores when approved and or your circumstance - So that the majority who read here can benefit from your approval ?

Example - Capital One QS approval

I got approved today for a QS with a SL of $5k I'm so excited !
650 EQ and 5 months post Bk7 !

Or

678 EQ and No BK

SERIOUSLY ! We need more informative posts and less chest pounding !
Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: MyFico - Announcement

@tussking wrote:
The reason I found this forum was to help me and others.

There are more and more posters just here to IMO gloat or boast about what cards or CLI's they get.

While GREAT FOR YOU - Hope you got the needed pat on your back...

Why not put your scores when approved and or your circumstance - So that the majority who read here can benefit from your approval ?

Example - Capital One QS approval

650 EQ and 5 months post Bk7 !

Or

678 EQ and No BK

SERIOUSLY ! We need more informative posts and less chest pounding !

to get a better reception, why dont you post this in the correct place. Obviously this isnt an "approval", but a rant about others approvals. while, I agree with your "more information" needed on the approvals, lashing out at the community as a whole isnt gonna help....

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I appreciate and understand your comment, as I do post my stats on approval, I like to think many post approvals here as Credit Card enthusiasts because perhaps no one outside these forums has the same fervor as us in the excitement of a new card.

Some of us do post stats, some don't. I think I get whatcha saying. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
tussking
Established Contributor

Who is lashing out ? I come here and spend my time reading in the hopes of helping myself and gaining knowledge to help others.....Way too many chest pounders lately.
Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Message 4 of 14
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

I always try to give a good amount of information with my gloating Smiley Happy it's not really gloating though.

We can go through a lot of emotions while trying to get new cards or CLI's. It feels good to be successful at it. Most people I know I can't really share my success with, because it might seem like gloating since they don't understand my history. Here I'm able to explain how far I came and others can read and Kudo's. They become inspired and in turn inspire me.

If the post is too simple, just skip it and find something that does inspire you. The OP sometimes isn't even the most inspiring post to read, scan through it a little for more information.

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
Message 5 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with the more information the bettter for data points.  Although yes this will most likely be moved from approvals.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here I'm able to explain how far I came and others can read and Kudo's. They become inspired and in turn inspire me.

Excellent post, joe, very well said. And positive in nature as well. Smiley Happy

No need to bash other myfico members here. if you have specific questions about someone's approval, I would suggest asking the questions.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This board was created for the specific purpose of allowing people to post their approvals and 'gloat' if they so desire .  No where do we require people to post stats about credit scores, credit file, income, or anything else related to their personal credit file.  Maybe they don't know all the information you would like to see or maybe they just think it's none of your business.  Whatever their reasons, the easy answer to solve your problems with this forum is to not read it.  The other forums have plenty of info about scores, credit files, etc and you're free to post yours in those forums or ask any question you want.

Message 8 of 14
tussking
Established Contributor

Sorry I disagree - The reason is read the approval forum is to gauge my ability for approval !
Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Message 9 of 14
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

AGREED. Whenever I post in approvals I list my stats as well. 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.