cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT getting the Sams PLCC to MC after all!! Im MAD!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NOT getting the Sams PLCC to MC after all!! Im MAD!!!

@pizza1 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
I understand being upset but it is not the end of the world. Be patient and you will be approved for major cards, making this upgrade meaningless. Again, applying for too many "short term fix" store cards can backfire on you, and I think you are starting to see that effect. With 200k in credit most of which is store cards, lenders will be reluctant to extent major credit. Its just the way it is. Unfortunately you have kind of painted yourself into a corner IMO.

Best of luck.

yea, Im sure its that easy for ya kDM..shrug it off, no big deal right? People that have never been thru a major rebuild, have no clue the feelings we have and go thru. This isnt about my "store cards", its about being told I got the upgrade, which was amazing for me,  and then I didnt.  Thats bad business, and thats what this is about right now...

It most definitely is bad business practice to misquote or mislead people into thinking they'll be getting one thing and get another. For example, I went on a 1 day mini vacay get away, they advertised a 40" TV in room, tv was 32...did I complain? heck yeah...got a $50 credit for the 'misleading' information on there site. Now in your situation, they have a call log of when you called in. However, when they say "Calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes" it's usually just training purposes. They usually do not go back on recorded calls to see what was promised. I too had the same situation with a cable company. Quoting me X dollars for service then my bill arrives twice as much...I told them to check the phone records they said tough break, we do not review recorded calls for these kinds of stuff and apologized for the CSR misleading information...

I would maybe write a lengthy email and/or call again and speak to another manager. Like others have said, it's not the end of the world but I can totally understand your frustration. Rebuilding is not easy and it's easy for us to get worked up when the smallest thing goes sour. But I've learned that the more I 'try' to improve, the more stressful and damaging it can be. I just put all this crap on the backburner and pay my bills on time and let things heal themselves, with the exception of removing old collections. Good luck and I hope they turn the tables and grant you what was promised.

Message 11 of 48
yfan
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

yea, Im sure its that easy for ya kDM..shrug it off, no big deal right? People that have never been thru a major rebuild, have no clue the feelings we have and go thru. This isnt about my "store cards", its about being told I got the upgrade, which was amazing for me,  and then I didnt.  Thats bad business, and thats what this is about right now...

Well, I have been through a major rebuild, and I really wouldn't sweat this stuff, especially if I had a quarter of a million dollars in available credit lines. I think most people understand where your frustration is, and no one is telling you that you shouldn't be upset. Lashing out at people for asking questions or pointing out that patience is a factor is not, IMO, the way to deal with it, however.

Message 12 of 48
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Very sorry to hear that they did not honor and make good on their prior word to you pizza Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 48
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
I understand being upset but it is not the end of the world. Be patient and you will be approved for major cards, making this upgrade meaningless. Again, applying for too many "short term fix" store cards can backfire on you, and I think you are starting to see that effect. With 200k in credit most of which is store cards, lenders will be reluctant to extent major credit. Its just the way it is. Unfortunately you have kind of painted yourself into a corner IMO.

Best of luck.

I get it. However many of your threads are about how unfair and horrible a lender is when they didnt give you everything you wanted when you wanted it. This situation is indeed unfair, but you just seem a little hypersensitive about this stuff. Its business. You have to be able to shrug it off and move on. 

Message 14 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

My heart goes out to you pizza1. The elusive Sams PLCC to MC upgrade. Sad day indeed.  I would be upset too, only because it would be my largest major credit card.

Who knows if this is a datapoint, but when I called a few times around when we all thought all PLCCs were being converted, if I remember right, the rep said they did a big chunk of conversions in August, and that was it for this year.

This is just more proof of inconsistencies with customer service reps. And why we have forums like myfico. Man that sucks.

The good news, you are in with synchrony. You can hopefully continue to get CLIs. Maybe next year or two, I will apply in store strictly for the MC and just waste an inquiry.

For me, I have to let the conversion thing go too, because really, the rewards structure is good not great. The cash back is only paid out once a year.  And really the only neat thing for me was the 3% travel category. The 1% back at sams and everywhere else is pointless with a DC or quicksilver.

Also the only time I have heard anything where Sams line of credit wasn't good enough was with Chase on a recon. All the other apps if there was a recon they looked at it like a regular account.

You have a right to be upset for sure, for sure.

Message 15 of 48
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Well pizza you know what you're gonna do next but when you do that with whatever higher up it becomes escalated to, try to do as sweetly as possible and simply ask them AS A LOYAL CUSTOMER if there is any way as a courtesy could "your department possibly still make good on that upgrade" (even if in error on their part) and that you would appreciate anything they might could offer over this matter.

Message 16 of 48
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Well pizza you know what you're gonna do next but when you do that with whatever higher up it becomes escalated to, try to do as sweetly as possible and simply ask them AS A LOYAL CUSTOMER if there is any way as a courtesy could "your department possibly still make good on that upgrade" (even if in error on their part) and that you would appreciate anything they might could offer over this matter.

and to add insult to injury here....I logged in to my acct, and my little card emblem up at the top in the box looked different.  I looked more closely, and its the picture of the "PLUS" store card..  Im like **bleep**?? I went to the wesite, and looked under memberships, and its the $100 membership version!  I have the basic "green" $45 one.  A few days ago when I was checking out, the cashier asked me if I wanted to upgrade to the PLUS, and I said NO!! She freaking upgraded me to the plus membership without my approval! Im so damn pissed right now, Im like ready to be done with them. Im going ot the store tomorrow, asking for the manager, and telling him his employees are "signing members up" without their consent!! (sighs)

Message 17 of 48
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My heart goes out to you pizza1. The elusive Sams PLCC to MC upgrade. Sad day indeed.  I would be upset too, only because it would be my largest major credit card.

Who knows if this is a datapoint, but when I called a few times around when we all thought all PLCCs were being converted, if I remember right, the rep said they did a big chunk of conversions in August, and that was it for this year.

This is just more proof of inconsistencies with customer service reps. And why we have forums like myfico. Man that sucks.

The good news, you are in with synchrony. You can hopefully continue to get CLIs. Maybe next year or two, I will apply in store strictly for the MC and just waste an inquiry.

For me, I have to let the conversion thing go too, because really, the rewards structure is good not great. The cash back is only paid out once a year.  And really the only neat thing for me was the 3% travel category. The 1% back at sams and everywhere else is pointless with a DC or quicksilver.

Also the only time I have heard anything where Sams line of credit wasn't good enough was with Chase on a recon. All the other apps if there was a recon they looked at it like a regular account.

You have a right to be upset for sure, for sure.

Thank you!! I really appreciate that! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

and to add insult to injury here....I logged in to my acct, and my little card emblem up at the top in the box looked different.  I looked more closely, and its the picture of the "PLUS" store card..  Im like **bleep**?? I went to the wesite, and looked under memberships, and its the $100 membership version!  I have the basic "green" $45 one.  A few days ago when I was checking out, the cashier asked me if I wanted to upgrade to the PLUS, and I said NO!! She freaking upgraded me to the plus membership without my approval! Im so damn pissed right now, Im like ready to be done with them. Im going ot the store tomorrow, asking for the manager, and telling him his employees are "signing members up" without their consent!! (sighs)

Is the upgrade another pull?

Message 19 of 48
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Is the upgrade another pull?

this was the membership, not the credit card. And no, the conversion or upgrade would have been a SP  since I didnt apply for it. Apparently back in August/September, Synch did a massive quanity of upgrades of PLCC cardholders to MC.

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.