Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Near Death 3 times in 10 seconds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Near Death 3 times in 10 seconds

Sarge I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Write a book. I'd buy it for sure.

I hope you carry concealed with all the things that happen to you!
Message 21 of 29
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sarge I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Write a book. I'd buy it for sure.

I hope you carry concealed with all the things that happen to you!

I do now....the attempted murder happened in about 1983, when I was young and stupid. It involved giving strangers a ride home from a club, where I was flashing my money to impress women...nearly got me killed. It would take a chapter in a book to really describe it all. You are not the first to suggest I write it in a book, the guys at work were always encouraging me to.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry also and so does my fiance (who is a er trauma nurse) we never want to ever have to use it. But it is there because the world is a messed up place and unfortunately people want to harm others. We are I'm florida where crazy tends to happen.

I'm glad you're safe now and that you carry. Seriously think about the book. You've led an interesting life. People love to read about that stuff and you could donate a portion of the proceeds to vets if you'd like.
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh gosh Sarge....sorry had you to witness that. I once saw (not involved) an accident where the car flipped in the air and landed right in front of me on the interstate. I was a mess for the rest of the day. I could only imagine my state of mind if I had been in your shoes. 

Message 24 of 29
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Oh gosh Sarge....sorry had you to witness that. I once saw (not involved) an accident where the car flipped in the air and landed right in front of me on the interstate. I was a mess for the rest of the day. I could only imagine my state of mind if I had been in your shoes. 

I was also actually in a car I owned and let a girl..who was a friend drive that was spun around in the road, knocked down a telephone pole. It then rolled end over end down a gully landing upside down. If I had not grabbed the hot tailpipe for leverage to pull her out, we would have actually had no injuries in that wreck. The car was a lemon that had been in the shop 22 times before the 1st 12000 miles, and it got totaled. I once had to drive that car 100 miles at 10 mph because the automatic transmission would not change out of first gear. It was 1980 Oldsmobile Omega SX.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarge12 wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

Ok...this is a true story.

I'm riding my Honda Goldwing down I-26 which has 2 lanes each way doing about 60 mph in the right lane. A tractor trailer is in the left lane at about the same speed. From my right I see a deer coming onto the highway in my lane. I brake frantically while my but cheeks tighten. Unfortunately so does the truck beside me which causes the trailer to sort of jacknife into my lane...so I speed up to keep the trailer from killing me. In the mean time the deer gets hit by the truck which propels the deer airbourne, slightly over my head in my lane. So first I almost hit a deer, then almost got hit by a truck, and then almost got hit by a flying deer.

The really good thing was in this case the only casualties were the deer and my underware!!

LOL! Okay, okay, I am going to share why a turkey vulture is the worst thing I've hit. I was driving on a winding mountain road, came around a curve, and there was roadkill with about 5-6 vultures feeding on it. As I approached, all the vultures took flight, but one poor !#@$#@ didn't quite make it. I hit him with my windshield and there was then all this red stuff on my windshield. I pulled over to clean the windshield, and it did not smell good at all. Later some co-workers from the road job I was doing traffic control on told me that turkey vultures have an instinctual reaction where they regurgitate when they are frightened. Turns out that the bird was fine and must have flown away, but threw up road kill all over my windshield. It was nasty. Smiley Indifferent I'll bet not a lot of people know that about turkey vultures. I sure didn't.

Message 26 of 29
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

Ok...this is a true story.

I'm riding my Honda Goldwing down I-26 which has 2 lanes each way doing about 60 mph in the right lane. A tractor trailer is in the left lane at about the same speed. From my right I see a deer coming onto the highway in my lane. I brake frantically while my but cheeks tighten. Unfortunately so does the truck beside me which causes the trailer to sort of jacknife into my lane...so I speed up to keep the trailer from killing me. In the mean time the deer gets hit by the truck which propels the deer airbourne, slightly over my head in my lane. So first I almost hit a deer, then almost got hit by a truck, and then almost got hit by a flying deer.

The really good thing was in this case the only casualties were the deer and my underware!!

LOL! Okay, okay, I am going to share why a turkey vulture is the worst thing I've hit. I was driving on a winding mountain road, came around a curve, and there was roadkill with about 5-6 vultures feeding on it. As I approached, all the vultures took flight, but one poor !#@$#@ didn't quite make it. I hit him with my windshield and there was then all this red stuff on my windshield. I pulled over to clean the windshield, and it did not smell good at all. Later some co-workers from the road job I was doing traffic control on told me that turkey vultures have an instinctual reaction where they regurgitate when they are frightened. Turns out that the bird was fine and must have flown away, but threw up road kill all over my windshield. It was nasty. Smiley Indifferent I'll bet not a lot of people know that about turkey vultures. I sure didn't.

If the bet was with me you would win...never heard of a turkey vulture. Is it any good with dressing and cranberry sauce. bon appetit.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aka buzzard. I looked it up and they are found all over the U.S., but in the north during summer only, I guess. It seems like they are always around in Northern California. Oh yeah, and no, no, no to being good with dressing and cranberry sauce. Yuck!

Message 28 of 29
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Definitely a coupla books to be written here. Think I'm gonna grab a snack. Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.