Did you mean: 

Need a Business Law research paper topic

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need a Business Law research paper topic

@MattH wrote:

@bicknar wrote:

How about credit scoring as a risk assessment tool in the insurance industry.  Some states allow it, some don't.  Some companies use it.  Some don't.  Bottom line the question is, Is someone's credit rating indicative of their insurance risk.  To put it in the form of a question...

I've never had an accident, but didn't always pay my bills.  Should I pay more than the guy with the accountant and 3 accidents?

Just a thought.  Too early to be thinking, I'm going back to my coffee.

And even if a credit score is statistically indicative of a person's insurance risk, is it good public policy to allow insurers to use it?  We do have laws that say some types of information may not be used even if they might have statistical predictive power, such as ethnic origin or genetic information.  Or suppose it turns out to be the case statistically that followers of certain religions live longer because following their rules encourages healthy living; in most places I think it would be illegal for life insurance companies to charge higher rates to people who are not members of such religions.

Wow. That's fantastic stuff. I like this idea.I had casually examined this subject as a possibility, but I never thought about this angle. Thanks.
Message 11 of 12
newstart2010
Blogger

Re: Need a Business Law research paper topic

How about how there are a few companies out there creating software to monitor people's checking and savings accounts, and communicate with other banks about their balances so they can assess whether or not to approve or deny them on their banking habits, monthly expenditures, etc.  It means a linking of all banks, and a sharing of all of your private financial information, habits, income, etc.
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.