cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a new wallet for all these cards!

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: Need a new wallet for all these cards!

Two more days til my wallet arrives from Amazon.  Do I sound excited?   My present wallet is about 20 yrs old. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should like it.  I dig mine I should probably order a couple back ups for later.  They're only $15

Message 32 of 38
vivman1107
Valued Member

I bought a Dockers wallet last year that has 9 card slots and an ID window. It is really well made and seems like it will last a long time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V4AKLG/

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't like having a bunch of cards in my wallet and want to go as light as possible. Here's what I carry- drivers license, Amex, Freedom, corporate MasterCard, debit (just in case I need to go into the bank or stop at an ATM), Costco card, insurance card. I'm always trying to rid myself of cards to carry; I got super excited when I found out I could download the Sam's Club app on my phone and it gave me a digital version of my membership. lol

http://www.amazon.com/AlpineSwiss-Leather-Wallet-Super-Pocket/dp/B00AB0AX4C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412267795&sr=8-1&keywords=alpine+swiss+card+holder

This thing is perfect and has held up pretty well, and at a glance doens't look cheap at all, but when you study it you can see it's weak points and I don't expect it to last another year. I keep my eyes open for something with the same slot set up with better quality.

I dig that one for going for something small.  But I want to be able to carry all of my 6 credit cards + debit card + driver's license, + sams card + work ID + medical insurance id.  I want to carry them all around b/c I just got them & want to use them all as much as possible to show usage across all 6 credit cards.  Right now I have a "standard" wallet that looks nice, good leather, but it only has 8 card slots, but I can only use 6 slots b/c the bottom ones overlap too much & cover up the card above it.

Actually I just checked my wallet, I'm carrying more than I thought. I have 3 personal cards, corporate card, debit card, ID, Costco and insurance... so 8 cards in total. I used to carry the Sam's card and a rewards card as well but that was really pushing it. I keep 4 in the outside slots and 4 more in the inside slots. I don't have the "fight" the wallet at all to get to my cards. It's surprisingly roomy.

Here it is with 8 cards in it. 

Which wallet is this?

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

seems like a wallet that small would easily slip out of your pocket & you might not even notice

Message 35 of 38
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I received my wallet today and I must admit,  I'm impressed.  Good quality for the money.  Every card fit nice and tight,  which I like.  The weird thing is,  I had the exact number of cards,  ID's,  ect  to fill the wallet exactly.  I always said that 13 was my lucky number. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 36 of 38
dlh4244
Valued Member

I had to jump on the bandwagon and get my Alpine Swiss wallet in black too. Just received it today
Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this as a present. http://www.ettinger.co.uk/wallets-purses/browse-by-type/compact-wallets/sterling-mini-wallet-w.-6-c-...

Love it. If anyone is looking for a quality peice of leather, look no further.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.