Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to straighten-up a USAA CSR...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to straighten-up a USAA CSR...

Ran into this jerk of a CSR today (probably 60+ yr old). He didnt know anything about banking and almost hung-up on me for calling a USAA policy BS. That curmudgeon also tried to act like my dad (straight-up rude!). He even declined my request to speak with a supervisor! Now I want to send a letter to someone in higher-up to get that CSR his share of spanking, so what would be the best way to go about this? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Need to straighten-up a USAA CSR...

If you slide down to the bottom of one of your USAA online pages, there's a Contact Us button. Click it, and you'll see a link for sending an e-mail. I don't remember what I e-mailed about, but I had a reply the next day.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey HTSU! How ya doing?

While theres nothing wrong with hitting the 'contact us' button, i'm afraid that those messages would be answered by similar CSRs and not by anyone in real authority.

I only keep my USAA account for petty charges like itunes, gums etc and they probably think that I'm some highschooler who works at micky d's, hence their crappy attitude towards me..

Message 3 of 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

If I had had that experience, I would have hung up.  Taken a deep breathe.  Called back.

When calling back, I would have asked for a supervisor and explained to the CSR that they do not want to get involved - just pass me along.

When the supervisor would get on, I would ask them to look at my account, and note the last CSR who I talked to.   They leave a trail.   I would have then explained what happened and why I had an issue with it.

Did you ever get it resolved?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IOBA wrote:

If I had had that experience, I would have hung up.  Taken a deep breathe.  Called back.

When calling back, I would have asked for a supervisor and explained to the CSR that they do not want to get involved - just pass me along.

When the supervisor would get on, I would ask them to look at my account, and note the last CSR who I talked to.   They leave a trail.   I would have then explained what happened and why I had an issue with it.

Did you ever get it resolved?

Thanks for your reply. I have managed to get that CSR's name and employee ID. A letter has already been mailed to the President of USAA.

Moreover, that CSR also lied to me about my account status which is now costing me in excess of $200. I'm done with USAA for good.

BTW: I let my blood pressure control my thoughts, so hanging-up is never an option for me :-D

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW: If you actually did say out loud "BS," swearing at a csr rep usually does let them hang up on you etc.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.