Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Visitor

Re: New Discover gold design UPDATED WITH PICS

[ Edited ]

The chip is definitely silver. Am I the only one who was disappointed in how dull/dark the gold base is on the card? I ordered it because I thought it would be an eye-catching glistening gold. Someone said it matched their iPad Pro and I wish that were the case for me. The card is a few shades darker than my tablet. Are any of your gold cards this dark too? I wasn't sure if my card was made with a different pigment than the other members' because the previously posted photos on this thread seem brighter than mine.

Edit: The photo is available at

http://oi68.tinypic.com/20acmd5.jpg

Visitor

I am stil waiting on mine to arrive. Just ordered it last week. Will let you know if it maches with the gold coloring on the ipad. 

Valued Contributor

Just got the gold tonight.  Had Copper.

Copper had textured lines, Gold does not.

Orange in lettering.

Feels thinner and lighter.

Yellower gold...brighter than PRG.  Not bad.  Some shimmer, very light, but NOT metallic.  Like a light touch of stripper sparkle.

...yah.

Starting Score: (8/15) EQ 592 TU 572 EX 600
Current Score: (4/17) EQ 693TU 691 EX 697
I flew for free and it was glorious. I love butter.
Frequent Contributor

Never tried to change the image. Can you change from an NHL image to a plain color?
Visitor

Water, yes you can. You have to log in to your discover account and go to manage / replace cards and they'll display all possible designs from which you can choose. You can have up to 4 designs/cards active at a time.
Frequent Contributor

marigold wrote:

The chip is definitely silver. Am I the only one who was disappointed in how dull/dark the gold base is on the card? I ordered it because I thought it would be an eye-catching glistening gold. Someone said it matched their iPad Pro and I wish that were the case for me. The card is a few shades darker than my tablet. Are any of your gold cards this dark too? I wasn't sure if my card was made with a different pigment than the other members' because the previously posted photos on this thread seem brighter than mine.

Edit: The photo is available at

http://oi68.tinypic.com/20acmd5.jpg

I just got mine and the chips are gold now.

Disco.jpg

Maybe they just needed to get them in? And it's also slightly metalic in sunlight.

TU FICO 8: 731 (6/17) — Ex FICO 8: 720 (6/17)
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: New Discover gold design

looks pretty ugly

No late payments, have over $150K credit lines from all major banks discussed here, 777 FICO scores, and inquiries dropping like flies. Doing better than most here. LOLOL Goal: 850 FICO across board. Heh. Smiley Happy
Established Contributor

Re: New Discover gold design

Wish they'd come out with contactless cards... but it's nice to see more choices.

It's unfortunate only some of the choices come up in Apple Pay and Android Pay Smiley Sad

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £1,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £2,700; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $5,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.