Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

Re: New Gold Discover IT!

+1

AN0NYM0US wrote:

You're going to create this thread and not upload a picture?? Smiley Mad

FICO8s: EX: 654 EQ:652 TU:650Last HP: 2/7/2017 | Beginning scores in Dec 2014: 530s | Oldest Account 6 years AAoA: 2 years | 2 COs 1 CA 10/13
Established Contributor

Re: New Discover gold design

Discover2016 wrote:

Discover will be releasing a black design soon, that's the one I am really waiting for!13126846_1724819904468909_705563200_n.jpg

HIlraious. It looks similar to my DIscover Classic card when I first opened it in 1999, minus the embossing, of course. Black, Gold...what is old is new again it seems. I like the new gold colour but I really love my retro Dawn Of Discover More card. 

Re: New Discover gold design UPDATED WITH PICS

I love the look and feel of the new gold Discover It card. I got a lot of compliments when I used it this week

Frequent Contributor

Will freezing a card to order a new design cause any problems with my account? I have also reached the maximum number of designs allowed I would love to get the pride one which has now only became an option since I switched over to regular it.

I hate calling in to any customer service reps no matter how nice they are, and that is what my account says to do if I want a new card color.

I got a new blue one 1-2 weeks ago even though I am over the limit by asking over chat but it seemed like it was a big process for the online rep because it took around 10-15 minutes with long pauses while they went to find info on requesting card designs.

Anyway I'd love to have a Black disco and the pride one to go in my collection.

$1,250.......NPSL/ $300..... $2,500...... $525........ $1,500...........$10,000.......$10,000........$4,800......... $3,300..........$2,000...........$1,000....
25.40%.............0%.............24.49%.......25.24%.......18.74%.......25.24%.........15.49%..........23.49%........27.24%........19.74%.......23.15%.
Fico score 8's 3/2017 Transunion: 736 Experian: 726 Equifax: 696...... AAOA 8 months Clean report, perfect payment History..

depdep8 wrote:
Will freezing a card to order a new design cause any problems with my account? I have also reached the maximum number of designs allowed I would love to get the pride one which has now only became an option since I switched over to regular it.

I hate calling in to any customer service reps no matter how nice they are, and that is what my account says to do if I want a new card color.

I got a new blue one 1-2 weeks ago even though I am over the limit by asking over chat but it seemed like it was a big process for the online rep because it took around 10-15 minutes with long pauses while they went to find info on requesting card designs.

That's a good question... I'll speculate that since deactivating a card (what I think you're referring to) is just temporary it probably wouldn't do the trick.  Keep in mind that with Discover if you deactivate a card some charges (like recurring charges) will still be approved, so it's not completely 'dead'.  

What they call a 'freeze' is when you stop most activity for the overall account for all cards, which doesn't seem like what you want.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/faqs/freeze-account.html

All that said, unless there's a security concern nearly anything a Discover phone rep can do a chat rep can also handle.  I actually used a chat rep to request a APR reduction, and they were fantastic.  I agree that a chat isn't as good as 'self-service' online, but it's still not quite liking having to call, which for the record with Discover isn't bad, either.  Smiley Wink

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Uncle B I had read earlier in the post that freezing a card worked for others.

I will chat up a rep; later on, to see if they scold me and say Dep you just requested a new card color 2 weeks ago what is wrong with you requesting another one?

CO-Native, do they really offer the old school looking card still? Or is it just something you have since you have been a member for so long? I love the look of the Dawn of Discover card!

$1,250.......NPSL/ $300..... $2,500...... $525........ $1,500...........$10,000.......$10,000........$4,800......... $3,300..........$2,000...........$1,000....
25.40%.............0%.............24.49%.......25.24%.......18.74%.......25.24%.........15.49%..........23.49%........27.24%........19.74%.......23.15%.
Fico score 8's 3/2017 Transunion: 736 Experian: 726 Equifax: 696...... AAOA 8 months Clean report, perfect payment History..
Frequent Contributor

Wow that card looks great! I think Discover's picture of this card looks awful.  They obviously didn't do it justice, because it looks awesome based on these pictures!

[ Edited ]

depdep8 wrote:

Yes, you can freeze an individual card.  I was able to do this online and on my app, too.  It appears that you can only have 4 active cards (and Apple Pay counts as a card).   If you're already at 4, you can (1) freeze an existing card and then (2) order another design.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 774 (TU08, 5/3/17)
Sam's Club MC $25000 | AMEX BCE $20400 | Discover IT $18000 | BoA BBR #1 $17200 | Cap 1 QS WMC $16500 | NFCU CLOC $15000 | JCP $15000 | BofA BBR #2 $11800 | Chase Disney Visa $11500 | Care Credit $10200 | CashForward WMC $10000 | WCU Visa $10000 | Marvel MC $10000 | Macy's AMEX $10000 | Macy's Store $10000 | Citi DC $9600 | Cash+ VS $9000 | Amazon Store $8000 | Blispay $7500 | Barclay Rewards WMC $6500 | Sony Card $4250 | Target $1900 | Costco Anywhere $1700 | ~~Gardening Since 4/5/16

SunriseEarth wrote:

depdep8 wrote:

Yes, you can freeze an individual card.  I was able to do this online and on my app, too.  It appears that you can only have 4 active cards (and Apple Pay counts as a card).   If you're already at 4, you can (1) freeze an existing card and then (2) order another design.  

Ahh... so it will work!  

This is great to know.  I'm still stuck on my original boring blue, but at least there are options for those who like to have a variety.  Smiley Very Happy

Visitor

Re: New Gold Discover IT!

The chip looks silver in your picture. But the discover's image made it look like the chip was gold too. 

Still it looks amazing. 

Almost all cards with good rewards look horrible. And great looking cards have lousy rewards. Discover is an exception. 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.