+1

@Anonymous wrote:

You're going to create this thread and not upload a picture?? Smiley Mad

Message 31 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Discover gold design

@Discover2016 wrote:

Discover will be releasing a black design soon, that's the one I am really waiting for!13126846_1724819904468909_705563200_n.jpg

HIlraious. It looks similar to my DIscover Classic card when I first opened it in 1999, minus the embossing, of course. Black, Gold...what is old is new again it seems. I like the new gold colour but I really love my retro Dawn Of Discover More card. 

Message 32 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Discover gold design UPDATED WITH PICS

I love the look and feel of the new gold Discover It card. I got a lot of compliments when I used it this week

Message 33 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will freezing a card to order a new design cause any problems with my account? I have also reached the maximum number of designs allowed I would love to get the pride one which has now only became an option since I switched over to regular it.

I hate calling in to any customer service reps no matter how nice they are, and that is what my account says to do if I want a new card color.

I got a new blue one 1-2 weeks ago even though I am over the limit by asking over chat but it seemed like it was a big process for the online rep because it took around 10-15 minutes with long pauses while they went to find info on requesting card designs.

Anyway I'd love to have a Black disco and the pride one to go in my collection.
Message 34 of 53
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Will freezing a card to order a new design cause any problems with my account? I have also reached the maximum number of designs allowed I would love to get the pride one which has now only became an option since I switched over to regular it.

I hate calling in to any customer service reps no matter how nice they are, and that is what my account says to do if I want a new card color.

I got a new blue one 1-2 weeks ago even though I am over the limit by asking over chat but it seemed like it was a big process for the online rep because it took around 10-15 minutes with long pauses while they went to find info on requesting card designs.

That's a good question... I'll speculate that since deactivating a card (what I think you're referring to) is just temporary it probably wouldn't do the trick.  Keep in mind that with Discover if you deactivate a card some charges (like recurring charges) will still be approved, so it's not completely 'dead'.  

What they call a 'freeze' is when you stop most activity for the overall account for all cards, which doesn't seem like what you want.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/faqs/freeze-account.html

All that said, unless there's a security concern nearly anything a Discover phone rep can do a chat rep can also handle.  I actually used a chat rep to request a APR reduction, and they were fantastic.  I agree that a chat isn't as good as 'self-service' online, but it's still not quite liking having to call, which for the record with Discover isn't bad, either.  Smiley Wink

Message 35 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Uncle B I had read earlier in the post that freezing a card worked for others.

I will chat up a rep; later on, to see if they scold me and say Dep you just requested a new card color 2 weeks ago what is wrong with you requesting another one?

CO-Native, do they really offer the old school looking card still? Or is it just something you have since you have been a member for so long? I love the look of the Dawn of Discover card!

Message 36 of 53
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

Wow that card looks great! I think Discover's picture of this card looks awful.  They obviously didn't do it justice, because it looks awesome based on these pictures!

Message 37 of 53
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, you can freeze an individual card.  I was able to do this online and on my app, too.  It appears that you can only have 4 active cards (and Apple Pay counts as a card).   If you're already at 4, you can (1) freeze an existing card and then (2) order another design.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 38 of 53
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, you can freeze an individual card.  I was able to do this online and on my app, too.  It appears that you can only have 4 active cards (and Apple Pay counts as a card).   If you're already at 4, you can (1) freeze an existing card and then (2) order another design.  

Ahh... so it will work!  

This is great to know.  I'm still stuck on my original boring blue, but at least there are options for those who like to have a variety.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 39 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Gold Discover IT!

The chip looks silver in your picture. But the discover's image made it look like the chip was gold too. 

Still it looks amazing. 

Almost all cards with good rewards look horrible. And great looking cards have lousy rewards. Discover is an exception. 

Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.