Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Forums Experience Coming Soon!

tag
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

Re: New Board Layout

Could not agree more than that.

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Goals: Grow scores into 700s
Message 31 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: W0W! Forum Decor Change

@Anonymous wrote:

Fixed it.

@I nearly fell out of my chair laughing @Anonymous  Humor always helps push through the latter half of the week.  

@on a side note, does @Anonymous do anything in terms of notifying users, or do people do it as a residual habit from other sites? 

Message 32 of 155
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Is it just on my end or did MyFico just update the forum software.

Looks totally different and i can finally see my own siggy again (outdated because it was buried in the old forum setup) Smiley Very Happy

I'll have to get busy on that.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Don't feel bad... there are a lot of folks who are  'mobile only' who have neglected their siggys for a while... now that there's no separate mobile signature I suspect we'll see a lot of clean up being done!  Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 155
Bman70
Established Contributor

Wow indeed.. does not look great. The credit cards forum seems to no longer have the most recent posts at the top. The whole thing seems maybe optimzied for mobile? Well I'm off to browse around and try to get my bearings..

Edited to add: I hope they at least change the thread titles to bold in the main forums. 

p.s. Am I mistaken or is view count gone, along with kudos? 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 34 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bman70 wrote:

Wow indeed.. does not look great. The credit cards forum seems to no longer have the most recent posts at the top. The whole thing seems maybe optimzied for mobile? Well I'm off to browse around and try to get my bearings..

I agree that the push for mobile optimization has crept too much into the desktop version.  I'm sure analytics show a surge in mobile users, but I also think that a majority of the "core contributors" are on desktop due to the increased functionality in addition to having excel and/or multiple windows open.

Message 35 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bman70 wrote: 

p.s. Am I mistaken or is view count gone, along with kudos? 

Kudos should be shown as a square icon on the bottom left of every post ( I don't think SmorgasBoard has kudos), and I am seeing reply and view count on the right of every thread when browsing a board.  Let me know if that helps.

Message 36 of 155
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

sigh

If this was the setup for just the mobile I would like it but it seems like all they did for the desktop version was supersize everything which is not so good. Had to zoom out to 67% just to make it easier to read I'm not a huge fan of these huge fonts. Also had really hoped they would allow a color scheme for those that don't like to stare at a mainly white screen and bring a darker theme but no go it seems.

Honestly, if they just gave an option to revert back to the old scheme I'd just use that for when I'm on my desktop/laptop and new scheme when I'm on my cell and I would sit happy.

Message 37 of 155
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

I agree that the push for mobile optimization has crept too much into the desktop version.  I'm sure analytics show a surge in mobile users, but I also think that a majority of the "core contributors" are on desktop due to the increased functionality in addition to having excel and/or multiple windows open.

Yeah this setup is way overly optimized for Dumbphones and kicks the desktoppers to take what's left. Which is not exactly appealing just yet. I had to zoom over to the other forum for a familiar comfort zone.

Desktop should have some priority but maybe they can improve on it. I can deal with the larger readability on desktop (a welcome change) and uncovering of forum signatures again.

The whole display though is covered in our first forum snowstorm too. Smiley Very Happy

Message 38 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

sigh

If this was the setup for just the mobile I would like it but it seems like all they did for the desktop version was supersize everything which is not so good. Had to zoom out to 67% just to make it easier to read I'm not a huge fan of these huge fonts. Also had really hoped they would allow a color scheme for those that don't like to stare at a mainly white screen and bring a darker theme but no go it seems.

Honestly, if they just gave an option to revert back to the old scheme I'd just use that for when I'm on my desktop/laptop and new scheme when I'm on my cell and I would sit happy.

+1 for the old desktop theme.  The new placement of notifications and inbox are nice, but viewability on the old version was much better.  

Message 39 of 155
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

sigh

+1 for the old desktop theme.  The new placement of notifications and inbox are nice, but viewability on the old version was much better.  

Yeah, I combed through the settings hoping to find some way to do that but I couldn't find anything. Feels more like a mobile update than a forum update.

Message 40 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.