Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Forums Experience Coming Soon!

tag
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Forums Experience Coming Soon!

I also had to zoom out to about 70% because the font and spacing is ridiculously enormous for a desktop.  Now over half my screen is being wasted with absoloutely blinding white space.  There is a good reason that forums have long used soothing neutral color tones and not glaring high contrast.

This was obviously designed for a phone, not a desktop, it is practically unbearable to use now.

Message 71 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that there are legitimate issues that need to be addressed but some of the complaints about leaving the site are a bit hasty.  It's only been 7 hours since the new site was launched so please exercise some patience while the issues that have been identified are addressed.

Message 72 of 155
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

I'm going to add a few pennies, hopefully those that worked on the design listen a bit.  I use a screen magnifier as well as a screen reader.  the site is not too bad, blinding white (ok that part is obvious) but I do like that the letters are actually visible without the screen magnifier. 

I do hope however that you guys are making more inroads to making the forums accessible to all, meaning, those who use screen readers/magnifiers.

An option to change the color scheme as stated isn't a bad idea.  I actually lost my bearings at first, thought I was on the wrong forum....lol

Message 73 of 155
tschaet
Regular Contributor

Man, these changes are rough.  The font is too huge, there's too much white, the post titles aren't bold, etc.  It's really not user-friendly on the site or on mobile.  I'd rather just switch back to the old desktop interface.  It was much more user friendly.  I agree with the others that the desktop version just seems like it's made for phones.  

$1700$2000
5/2022 Credit Karma Scores:

April 2022 FICO Scores:

May 2022 FICO Scores:
Message 74 of 155
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Here's my first pass at a Stylish theme for ficoforums: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/e192bea2c840053dacdc367cb07836a8

Feel free to edit/tweak. I see now that the reply page(for entering posts) needs some work Smiley Happy

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 75 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

This may be good for a mobile app but this is very hard on my laptop. It will take lots of getting used to. 

Message 76 of 155
Bman70
Established Contributor

@Ardecko wrote:

Here's my first pass at a Stylish theme for ficoforums: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/e192bea2c840053dacdc367cb07836a8

Feel free to edit/tweak. I see now that the reply page(for entering posts) needs some work Smiley Happy

Cool idea, how would we apply it? Or are you hoping the Myfico webmaster cannibalizes your code? Smiley Wink 
One option I thought of was using some browser plugin to change the appearance. Unfortunately I'm using Safari, very un-customizable. In Chrome there's Stylebot, haven't tried it: 
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylebot/oiaejidbmkiecgbjeifoejpgmdaleoha?hl=en

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 77 of 155
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Rarely am I on mobile, so this would probably be "ok" for that, but I spend 95% of my time (and sometimes Im on the forums for several hours at a time), on my desktop, and this will not fly. I agree the white is too much, and hopefully something can or will be done to tame it a tadSmiley Happy
Staring at my 27in MAC is brutal right now, lol.

Message 78 of 155
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

@Ardecko wrote:

Cool idea, how would we apply it? Or are you hoping the Myfico webmaster cannibalizes your code? Smiley Wink 
One option I thought of was using some browser plugin to change the appearance. Unfortunately I'm using Safari, very un-customizable. In Chrome there's Stylebot, haven't tried it: 
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylebot/oiaejidbmkiecgbjeifoejpgmdaleoha?hl=en

I'm using a plugin called Stylish: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylish-custom-themes-for/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe

I would hope someone with better css skills than myself would remember this is a thing and create an un-official public userstyle for ficoforums. I just hacked at it until I got most things to have a dark background, and not quite so large...

Capture.PNG

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 79 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the look of the site when you're replying to a message, but everything else is terrible. I also like the little notification center at the top and the inbox on the top. 

It's 2017, we no longer need the entire page to be centered in the middle of the screen. CRT monitors aren't used anymore, or shouldn't be used anymore, so there's no need for that type of design. The site should be widescreen with darker colors on the smaller edges of the screen. The text is also too large, it should be standard size 12, Times New Roman so it's easy on the eyes to read. There should also be large pictures like modern websites. The pages at the moment are too white and blank. 

Message 80 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.