Did you mean: 

New Forums Experience Coming Soon!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Forums Experience Coming Soon!

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Thanks, Irish. Smiley Happy

That's the single biggest issue with the new setup. That bit of information should be added to the announcement on the main page. Even better, it should be made the default setting so you don't have hundreds of people having to figure out where to find it.

Good idea and I will definitely make the suggestion

Message 91 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am all for clean, simple UI design, but I have to chime in and say I am not a fan of this new UI. 

-Too much white

-Fonts are too large by default

-everything seems too large and/or spread apart

-Color is not used to identify sections are points of interest 

I know I lot of this is the fact that its just different, and people dont like change. But I already know I'll be spending less time on the forums because its so uncomfortable to look at for long periods of time. 

If like any other site, where user session times are measured and part of some metric, I suspect there may be a decrease in activity. 

Message 92 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

That's the single biggest issue with the new setup. That bit of information should be added to the announcement on the main page. Even better, it should be made the default setting so you don't have hundreds of people having to figure out where to find it.

The issue is being addressed.  

Message 93 of 155
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

The issue is being addressed.  

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 94 of 155
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@Kree wrote:

After an afternoon of use, I have decided the feature I miss most is new post markings. Old site let me know how many unread posts there are in a thread. Now I have no idea. Similarly, new posts were flagged [new]  Now I have to guess what page and how far down I need to start.

I concur!

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 95 of 155
elim
Senior Contributor

Too bright for to long. Done for the night. See you all tomorrow   :]

Message 96 of 155
bldmt
Regular Contributor

Not sure how the change to the format came about, whether it was internal, or certain subscribers poking in saying 'this would be cool". Since I joined I have visited on a daily basis and have visited the new version several times and I now unfortunately have to say I will not be back as it is totally unusable.
Message 97 of 155
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Yep, it's very useful to know the number of unread posts in a thread. That tells me if I have time to read the posts during a quick drive-by or if I should wait on that thread until I have more time. And it's definitely important that new posts within a topic are marked as new.

Is there an indicator telling us if we've posted to a thread? We had that before, but I'm not finding that now. That's an important feature as it tells us that the topic has priority and that we might need to follow up on a previous response.

Message 98 of 155
Kree
Established Contributor

How do i select text to quote on mobile? Also pic related to mobile experience https://ibb.co/mjvdQm
Message 99 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change it back. This change absolutely destroyed the experience here. It is attrocious. EVERYONE hates it. Why on earth was this done?

Message 100 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.