Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New NFCU Flagship Design

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New NFCU Flagship Design

Hey all,

So I'm bored out of my mind in the garden, a couple of weeks ago on NFCU's website I noticed they redesigned all of their cards, nothing super drastic but I noticed at least in the pictures that the VISA Signature part of the Flagship card was silver and shiny instead of White.  I wonder how it looks in person, I think to myself...

So I send NFCU a Secure Message saying my Flagship card isn't swiping the best anymore, hoping to get the new design card.  I get an SM back the next day saying I should have a replacement card within 10 business days...

I get home from work today and see a nice thick envelope from Virginia, nice...  I did a real quick pic of both cards to show the changes...

old and new flagship.jpg

So, what's everyone think?  I didn't like it at first online, but seeing them in person is a nice touch.  The NFCU logo isn't crowded out anymore by the large Chip.  I personally would have put the Flagship Rewards text in the Top Left corner vs centered on the card but that's just me...

Oz

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: New NFCU Flagship Design

What do I think?? I think I need this card, LOL..(as my 2nd CC from them)... Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine has definitely paid for itself quite a few times over.  The Rewards points are from March or April to present, no interest paid (on this card or any card this year).  Not bad for a $49 AF Smiley Happy

Oz

flagship rwrds.jpg

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

cashRewards got a huge boost. The whole card is a matte dark green now instead of being green on the front and white on the back. Much classier.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be happy with either.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

My own NFCU MasterCard actually looks a bit different from the pic in my signature (which I think is very cool-looking, BTW).

The actual card (which was only issued last month) is solid-white, with the "Navy Federal Credit Union" name right above the chip, and the word "Platinum" on the upper-right hand corner.  I don't know if my physical card is the old design or the new, but the current pic on the NFCU site is the one you see below in my signature.

I guess if I ever feel the need to have my card reissued with the suffix on my name I'll get to find out... LOL.  (It's strange... the suffix is on my actual account (the bill) but not on the plastic card... with my other issuers, these are always an exact match.  Oh well...I guess it swipes just the same... LOL)

Message 6 of 8
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Cool! I didn't pay attention to it either when I went online to pay my bill. Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll order a replacement Smiley Wink

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good looking card! Notice it has the new smaller type (fonts) under the word Visa "Signature" ... this is the new today!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.