Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New, Off-Site NON Fair Isaac General Discussion Board -- Call for Opinions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New, Off-Site NON Fair Isaac General Discussion Board -- Call for Opinions

I would love to see this happen!!  While I understand and respect the rules of this forum, I hate it when the fun threads get locked!!  I love to argue, and I always find myself searching for another forum when this happens, but usually the posters there aren't the ones I want to argue with.
Message 11 of 33
LouMinotti
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been largely a lurker on the Smorgasbord, and have noticed a lot of locked threads and "if only we could discuss politics, religion, etc., I'd say this or that."

Now, we have to understand why Fair Isaac has the restrictive policies they do. It's pretty much standard op for corporate America to be extremely skittish when it comes to controversy...this is hardly original with Fair Isaac, and is more or less just a sign of our obsessively politically-correct times.

However, this doesn't alter the fact that I see significant demand on here for another forum. For the reasons discussed above, Fair Isaac cannot provide such a forum, but being an independent operator with my own domain, plenty of Web space and bandwidth, and creative drive, I could if the spirit moved me.

If in fact I did create such a forum, it would NOT be affiliated with, nor endorsed by Fair Isaac. It would not be for discussion of credit, finances or related issues--that what THIS forum is for, and I don't want to compete with it. My forum would just allow for a wider range of non-financial, non-credit topics to be discussed, and for people to "let their hair down" and get into more lively debates that would be locked here.

I figure I'd be doing forum citizens here a favor by providing a less structured environment for interaction and debate, and Fair Isaac a favor by taking pressure off of them to provide such a forum. I post in other fora across the Internet, and I would draw some people from there as well into my forums. I would be willing to have my fora linked to from here, as well as link back to myFICO with a disclaimer that my forums have no connection to Fair Isaac.

But before I take any action, I wanted to run this idea up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes.

So what are you waiting for? Post the link. Smiley Wink
July 08 FICO TU/683 EQ/629 EX/658
Goal: 700+ by June 09
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
Message 12 of 33
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@LouMinotti wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been largely a lurker on the Smorgasbord, and have noticed a lot of locked threads and "if only we could discuss politics, religion, etc., I'd say this or that."

Now, we have to understand why Fair Isaac has the restrictive policies they do. It's pretty much standard op for corporate America to be extremely skittish when it comes to controversy...this is hardly original with Fair Isaac, and is more or less just a sign of our obsessively politically-correct times.

However, this doesn't alter the fact that I see significant demand on here for another forum. For the reasons discussed above, Fair Isaac cannot provide such a forum, but being an independent operator with my own domain, plenty of Web space and bandwidth, and creative drive, I could if the spirit moved me.

If in fact I did create such a forum, it would NOT be affiliated with, nor endorsed by Fair Isaac. It would not be for discussion of credit, finances or related issues--that what THIS forum is for, and I don't want to compete with it. My forum would just allow for a wider range of non-financial, non-credit topics to be discussed, and for people to "let their hair down" and get into more lively debates that would be locked here.

I figure I'd be doing forum citizens here a favor by providing a less structured environment for interaction and debate, and Fair Isaac a favor by taking pressure off of them to provide such a forum. I post in other fora across the Internet, and I would draw some people from there as well into my forums. I would be willing to have my fora linked to from here, as well as link back to myFICO with a disclaimer that my forums have no connection to Fair Isaac.

But before I take any action, I wanted to run this idea up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes.

So what are you waiting for? Post the link. Smiley Wink

Agree
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 13 of 33
dizzier
Established Contributor

i wouldn't mind lurking on such a board.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 14 of 33
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Thumbs Up here!!!!!  **This post has been edited to remove comments that violate our User Guidelines**

Inappropriate material

In the spirit of a healthy and helpful community, profanity, spam, personal attacks, flaming, and other inappropriate postings are not tolerated.  Such material may be edited or removed, and egregious or repeat offenders will be banned from future participation in FICO Forums.

Any further such non-productive and inappropriate posts will be removed, as well.

Your cooperation is appreciated!

Barry

Message Edited by Barry on 08-21-2008 06:43 PM
Message 15 of 33
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Okay, was that a joke Barry?
Message 16 of 33
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

@southernficoaddict wrote:
Okay, was that a joke Barry?

I don't think that was a joke. I saw the post earlier and it referenced MF members in a state of...hmmmm....undress. I was really surprised to see it and now not surprised that it was edited.

(Although I think the removed comment was also meant to be a joke.)
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 17 of 33
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Just kidding guys!!!!  Relax@
Message 18 of 33
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
 I would be willing to have my fora linked to from here, as well as link back to myFICO with a disclaimer that my forums have no connection to Fair Isaac.

FYI.  Per our Terms of Service the following is not permitted in these forums:

Posting a link directing users to any information or content that, if posted on FICO Forums, would constitute a violation of the Terms or of any State or Federal law;

Message 19 of 33
LouMinotti
Regular Contributor

@Barry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I would be willing to have my fora linked to from here, as well as link back to myFICO with a disclaimer that my forums have no connection to Fair Isaac.

FYI. Per our Terms of Service the following is not permitted in these forums:

Posting a link directing users to any information or content that, if posted on FICO Forums, would constitute a violation of the Terms or of any State or Federal law;

huh? what? come again? on the side of the MyFico Forum homepage is a recommended direct link to TNWM's blog. Are you saying that anything posted on his blog must be in accordance with the TOS of MyFico?? And what of the comments there. . ? Does he have to edit them as well?
July 08 FICO TU/683 EQ/629 EX/658
Goal: 700+ by June 09
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.