Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New house, new agenda

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New house, new agenda

One month after moving in our new home, things are getting to normal.  I kinda know where everything is, but I sitll have lapses.  I try to put items from the old house in a place that most resembles where it lived in the old.  That seems to help.  A few items didn't seem to make the move.  I had a reference book I often used, but somehow I can't find it, gave up and ordered a new one.

Our prior home was a 38 year old spec house we bought new in 1977, so moving into a modern home with all the bells and whistles is a cultural shock.  We eat supper on a new country style table with a bench on one end.  The downstairs is a 10 ft ceiling, our voices echo off the walls, making it hard to hear the tv and each other when we tawk more than a few feet from each other.

The other night I was watching TV when I heard something beeping in the kitchen.  I called out to my DW who was in the master bedroom "soaker" tub.  When I stand in it the dang thing is up to my waist LOL

"I can't hear YOU?"

"I said THERE'S SOMETHING GOIN ON IN THE KITCHEN, I THINK THERE'S A ALIEN IN IT SOMEWHERE"

"DO WHAT??"

I went to the bathroom and opened the door, "I said theres something makin noise in the kitchen"

She pulled a towel up to her,  "What!??!!  I have no clothes on!!" as she LOL

"I KNOW, but something is beeping in the kitchen, I can't find out what it is"

"Be right there"

She came to the kitchen with a house coat thing wrapped around her and hair all wet.

I said, "what is that??  I even looked out front to see if a truck was backing up in the driveway"

"LMAO, ROFLMAO"  Its the microwave!"

"But I didn't put anything in the microwave."

"I know, I did while I was drawing the tub, if you forget to take it out it beeps for ya to come get it.  It won't stop till ya take it out"

"Do what?"

"you aint ever been to supper somewhere and the hosts say, "well we were gonna have peas but I left them in the microwave,"  with that feature you don't have to worry about that."   Some guy actually thought of that feature and it was added.

"so we're not being invaded??"'

"LOL NO"

The most annoying thing is the bathroom situation.  Downstairs we have a "powder room" near the kitchen and the master.  No matter which one I go to, the lid is DOWN.  On Primrose we had just the hall and master, and she NEVER went in mine.  The house was small so it was not problem to walk the few extra steps.  But that is not the case here.

"Look here we need to arrive at a consensus on the bathrooms, its aggravating having to lift the lid EVERYTIME"

"We have, I use the downstairs and you have upstairs"

"So you think you oughta have BOTH baths down here?  I don't remember that conversation"

"Yeah cause I do all the cooking and the powder is close"

"Well I'll take the master then"

"Oh no thats where I get dressed"

"well I do too"

"so.  You can use the powder but make sure you return the lid to the down"

"so I gotta go in there, pick it up and put it down when I leave??"

"yes"

I have a nice media room upstairs, with pics and posters of my fire dept career on the walls, along with mementos of cross country motorcycle tours and marathons run in years past.

We made bedroom 3 my office.  I have TWO desks in here.  One for my puter, other for reading and stuff,  From my window I can see most of the community and whats going on.  Its great.   Bedroom 3 and the bathroom have a masculine look, darker woods and tile etc.  Only blemish up here is number 2 BR. She's made it what I call the "girly room."  Pastel colors on the linens, white decor, a few dolls and stuffed toys that she has kept since she was a teenager, also her mega phone from here cheerleader days.  She made the team back in the days when it was how ya looked and not how good a gymnast you were LOL.  She says that is not true, you had to know how to cheer.

She said our nieces needed a place to sleep when they come to visit.

All kidding aside we love it here, and enjoying life.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.