cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmares about forgetting to pay your CC's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nightmares about forgetting to pay your CC's?

This may seem odd but this is a recurring nightmare having it again last night made me decide to ask do you all ever have dreams about not paying your credit cards?

Let me set the scene I am online paying my other bills then all of a sudden it hits me that it is time for Credit Limit Increase on my Dillard's American Express. Then I remember omg! I may not have paid the bill! Which causes me to panic in the dream. Logging into my Dillards account to see that I am past due. In the previous dreams about this card and not paying on time I had bought an expensive item of some sort and was slowly paying it off. Anyway, I login and it offers me a CLI from $7,000 to something else if I pay the amount due. Anyway, this dream is just odd because in every dream I have about this I am offered a CLI even though I am constantly late and forgetting to pay.

I always wake up out of a dead sleep in a cold sweat after this dream.

This is an odd dream because I do not have a Dillards Amex. I guess this is the life of a credit addict?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nightmares about forgetting to pay your CC's?

I am 46 years old and have a college degree.  My recurring nightmare just before I wake up is missing an exam and flunking a class and not graduating.  My nightmares have me running all day and nothing getting accomplished.

It's the same feeling I get from watching "Better Call Saul".  Wake up more tired than if I had not slept.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my nightmares came true this morning... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/ACH-Wrong-Direction/td-p/5149152

I get the flunking nightmares too sometimes, as well as some dark stuff that probably shouldn't be discussed here for various reasons. (Politics, violence, etc.)

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm being honest I rarely have nightmares about anything... My regular routine is every few days check my accounts in random order next few days repeat to make sure all cards are either paid or setup to be paid on a date of my choice.

Message 4 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

I use a backup system like Prism Money so if I ever forget to pay any of my bills (including CC's) it yells at me the day before and then again on the due date (only if it's unpaid). It also notifies me of every statement cut and the amount due.

It has reminded me of an unpaid cable bill once but I'm far too obsessed with my CC payments to miss one I think.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I use a backup system like Prism Money so if I ever forget to pay any of my bills (including CC's) it yells at me the day before and then again on the due date (only if it's unpaid). It also notifies me of every statement cut and the amount due.

It has reminded me of an unpaid cable bill once but I'm far too obsessed with my CC payments to miss one I think.

Yes! I'm too obsessed about making the payments to... Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to have Prism but would always have issues with the accounts syncing. Thank goodness for autopay.!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well following on your thread my telephone company did not get paid ... I was shocked. Seems I forgot to update the account information reflecting a change in the expiration date for the account I was using. Not good. Received the account expiration date change two months in advance so I can only blame myself. The telephone company sent me a snail mail paper reminder of my unpaid bill. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Well following on your thread my telephone company did not get paid ... I was shocked. Seems I forgot to update the account information reflecting a change in the expiration date for the account I was using. Not good. Received the account expiration date change two months in advance so I can only blame myself. The telephone company sent me a snail mail paper reminder of my unpaid bill. Smiley Wink

Dino dude keep up your spirits... Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.