Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-DCU ATM surcharge Reimbursals?

tag
paulko85
Established Member

Non-DCU ATM surcharge Reimbursals?

I was considering opening an account with DCU and was baffled by one of their benefits:

• Free use of non-DCU ATMs
  • Up to $5/month in non-DCU ATM surcharge reimbursements

These 2 points, to me, sound contradictory... but if I were to make sense of it, the first point is a completely useless statement, and can be made into the following statement: Free use of non-DCU ATMs limited up to $5/month in ATM surcharge reimbursements. 

I currently use Bank of Internet where I receive an unlimited ATM surcharge reimbursement. Am I to correctly understand that DCU will only reimburse up to $5? (Basically 2 non-DCU ATM transactions each month.)

Another question... can I deposit cash into a DCU checking account at 7eleven terminals? 

I have a credit card.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: Non-DCU ATM surcharge Reimbursals?

DCU does not charge for non-DCU ATM's if you qualify for free checking and plus or relationship benefits. Other institutions may charge you to use their ATM's, that is where the up to $5 reimbursement comes in.

Go to DCU, type in the search 'non-dcu atm'. The first article that should show up is 'Debit Cards, ATM Cards, and ATM's /DCU Streetwise'.

Didn't want to post the link, not sure if it is allowed.

Message 2 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Countingpennies wrote:

DCU does not charge for non-DCU ATM's if you qualify for free checking and plus or relationship benefits. Other institutions may charge you to use their ATM's, that is where the up to $5 reimbursement comes in.

Go to DCU, type in the search 'non-dcu atm'. The first article that should show up is 'Debit Cards, ATM Cards, and ATM's /DCU Streetwise'.

Didn't want to post the link, not sure if it is allowed.

It's allowed.  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 9
DevotionToU
Regular Contributor

So I have a DCU debit card.  Wawa offers fee-free ATMs.  That means I can use those ATMs as many times a month without incurring any fees, right?

$18000 Discover IT / $6000 Chase Freedom / $5000 DCU Visa / $3900 Fifth Third / $2500 Capital One Quicksilver / $2000 AMEX Blue Cash Everyday / $500 Chase Slate
Message 4 of 9
paulko85
Established Member

I'm actually quite happy with BofI, no fees whatsoever. Free overdraft protection with either savings account or line of overdraft protection credit. I can use any ATM anywhere and always be reimbursed the terminal fee.

DCU is attractive to me because of the free monthly FICO score, and if i can deposit cash at 7eleven would be very helpful because there are no retail offices/ATMs for BofI. i was ok with the latter because whatever cash i was not able to deposit, i keep in my wallet for dutch pays with friends, or whatever cash uses. 

i'm thinking of opening a DCU account just to keep it open for the free FICO. 

I have a credit card.
Message 5 of 9
paulko85
Established Member

so i caved an opened an account.

i "donated" $10 to reach schools somethingsomething......  will this be an automatically recurring membership (do i have to pay $10/year)? is my DCU membership for life (can i cancel my membership with the school thing and still keep my DCU accounts)?

I have a credit card.
Message 6 of 9
DevotionToU
Regular Contributor

@paulko85 wrote:

so i caved an opened an account.

i "donated" $10 to reach schools somethingsomething......  will this be an automatically recurring membership (do i have to pay $10/year)? is my DCU membership for life (can i cancel my membership with the school thing and still keep my DCU accounts)?

It is just a one time donation.  You can stay a DCU member for as long as you'd like.

$18000 Discover IT / $6000 Chase Freedom / $5000 DCU Visa / $3900 Fifth Third / $2500 Capital One Quicksilver / $2000 AMEX Blue Cash Everyday / $500 Chase Slate
Message 7 of 9
paulko85
Established Member

i recently signed up for PSECU and was rejected because i was not a resident of PA. 

will i see the same rejection at DCU? i live in CA... 

I have a credit card.
Message 8 of 9
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@paulko85 wrote:

i recently signed up for PSECU and was rejected because i was not a resident of PA. 

will i see the same rejection at DCU? i live in CA... 

No you won't . psecu requirement is working or living in Penn.dcu doesn't have any requirement where you live 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.