Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nonpareils

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Nonpareils

I had a couple of stuck keys and was afraid I might have to get a new keyboard for my laptop, which is a much bigger issue than with a desktop box.  It turned out it just had a couple of bits of nonpareil* from candy I was eating last night stuck under keys that were simple to remove.

*nonpareil - a flat disk of chocolate covered with beads of colored sugar
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Nonpareils

how did you get it out?  my keyboard is probably due for a cleaning...
Message 2 of 5
MattH
Senior Contributor

@laz98 wrote:
how did you get it out?  my keyboard is probably due for a cleaning...

First I put the laptop into Stand By mode (so the hard drive wasn't spinning) turned it upside down and gently tapped the keys to shake out dust or whatever.  But the d and 4 keys were still not working quite right so I took a close look and saw the colored sprinkles from the candy, which I removed with a small piece of paper.  The keyboard of my laptop is supposedly protected from spilled liquids so under the keys it has a smooth surface without any gaps and therefore it was easy to remove the little colored sugar bits with a piece of paper once I saw where they were located.  The protection from liquid spills has not been tested and I hope never will be!

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nonpareils are addictive.  I love them!
Message 4 of 5
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Nonpareils are addictive.  I love them!

This was even better: a chocolate-covered nonpareil pretzel, so it had the crunchy pretzel plus chocolate plus the little colored sugar sprinklies...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.