Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

North Carolina Gas shortage!!!! Too funny

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

North Carolina Gas shortage!!!! Too funny

I have waited in line twice in two weeks for more than two hours for low grade gasoline.  Now, I know that some guy name Ike came through Texas, and a few things went wrong.  But please explain to me, how we are on the same gas line as Chicago and New York and we come up empty?  I have witnessed old ladies at midnight run out of gas in the rain, with maybe 5 cars in front of them, just to get to the window and be told there is no more gas.

Well, for me, I was sleeping on Sunday morning when the gas fairy came and said "wake up my child, there will be gas."  So I jump up and run out the house at 7 am and drive up and down, round and round my community and still no gas.  Then I realize, I'm in my husbands car.  So home I go and It's now 45 minutes past, I get in my own car and start driving, then comes the putters, I'm running out of gas.  I pray, and push the pedal to the nearest station.  As soon as I pull in, I run out of gas.  I can look at the bags over the pumps to answer my own question, "No gas."  So here I sit with my school books in hand studying, because I'm sure dear husband and the children are still snoring and will never hear a phone.  I sit reading for 2 hours, until I realize that my daughters DVD player is in the backseat.  So here I sit watching Madagascar and sweating like crazy, when the girl from the service station comes over and says " Gas truck coming soon." Now I'm excited, you'd a thought I won the lottery.  I start calling people, flagging people down, telling other patrons not to leave, just wait, cuz the gas truck is coming.

Now dear husband calls and says he's hungry and where am I. I told him I'd been waiting for gas since 8 and it was now 11.  He doesn't show any intrest and says he's gonna fix he and the kids breakfast.  Well wouldn't you know that 12 thirty comes and I see the gas truck coming up the road, hoards of cars following it, as soon as he turns in, who do I see?  Dear husband, who happened to be the first to get gas because he got to the pumps before everyone else.  and where was I? Sitting 4 inches from a pump, out of gas, waiting on someone to help me push the rest of the way.  Needless to say, after he got his fill up, he pushed me to the pump, and that's when I heard the lady say, "It's a 20 dollar limit".  

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt!!!!!!! :womanmad:

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: North Carolina Gas shortage!!!! Too funny

As a Houston resident, I must say I thought it was hard finding gas here for the first week after Ike came in. But after a few days the lines went down to maybe 4-5 cars in front of me. I filled up today for $3.25 and nobody in line. Just like a normal day.

As I understand it, people in your area are getting your gas from our area. And since you're the farthest away, you get the least amount of gas.

Heck, Georgia officials were in the news the other day asking people to stop calling 9-1-1 to ask if they knew which gas stations had gas and were open.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

$3.25...so not fair or maybe an "Ummm I'm sorry you got hit by Ike" discount...... I gassed up in Austin at $3.45 on Monday and it has remained unchanged since the recent drop in barrel prices. I understand it closed at like $94.

My parents live in High Point, NC (10 minutes from the Greensboro airport) I was talking to my Mom the Friday before Ike hit Galveston and they were out of gas...drove around for 30 mintes without one gas station with any grade of gas....They still sell out in the evenings before the next fuel truck and just barely under $4 bucks, but at least they don't wait in line....

Message Edited by 1111mel on 10-02-2008 11:00 PM
Message 3 of 6
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Gas where I am is still 3.97-4.09 for 87

I haven't had to wait in line, but that's because I buy every time I pass a station with gas that doesn't have one. If I waited til I was low I'm sure I would have to.
Message 4 of 6
niecey89
Frequent Contributor

Fortunate for me gas has dropped here in NJ this week. It is $2.98 - 3.41 (on the gas websites), depending on the area. I paid 3.19 on wednesday.
FICO Scores 7/15/2008: EQ 600, TU 546, EX 490
9/17/08 - TU 571,12/17/08 649,3/16/09 638, 6/14 642
ScoreWatch 12/17/08 EQ 646, 1/2/ 09 664, 2/2/09 684,2/12/09 673, 2/16/09 688, 2/27 674,3/3 682,4/16 685, 6/28 679
1/2/09 EX 668 2/13/09 669
AS of NOV08 I am Credit card debit free. I AM A MYFICO.COM ADDICTED Smiley Happy ~
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live just outside of Nashville about 3 hours from Knoxville which reported the highest national average gas price after the hurricane $5.25 - or something like that.

I filled my tank to the tippy top the day before the buzz about the hurricane's potential damage (before people startes shouting "Shortage, Shortage")

There is this lady at work... I call her Chicken Little because she is the first person to tell you when the sky is going to fall.

Right before lunch time the day before the hurricane she started claiming that she wasn't going to be able to afford gas for her car because it was going to cost more than $5 a gallon before her lunch break.

I very calmly said "Chicken Little don't worry it isn't going to cost you $60 to fill up your tank"

She asked me how I knew that... I replied "because there isn't enough gas to fill your tank silly billy... they have already shut down most of the gas stations in Nashville"

Well this freaked her OUT!!! My boss actually ended up sending her home for the rest of the day because she was really scaring some of the younger people that I work with.

I also thought it was funny that my fiance drove himself nearly out of gas not once but twice. I kept telling him "Sweetie you only have half a tank of gas maybe you should put $5 or $10 in there the next time you pass a station with gas" He would call me frantic "Im running on fumes you have to go online and find me a station with gas!"

We still have stations that don't have all grades of gas available. The weird thing is some stores only have the high grade or mid grade but no low grade and some have low but not the others.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.