Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCD and even numbers? Anybody else?

tag
Want2BDebtFreeNow
New Contributor

OCD and even numbers? Anybody else?

Ok, so I have some OCD and dislike odd numbers, so when I pay my credit cards I have to pay them down to even numbers, preferably ending in $x,x00.00 or $x,x50.00. When I tip its basically the same thing, I round up to the nearest full dollar.

Is there anybody else who does this or something similar?

As of 11/14/2012 EQ: 672

5 inqs in the last year - October 25, 2012, July 05, 2012, July 03, 2012, June 18, 2012, February 16, 2012

(Report reads them as 3) Your applications for credit in the past year
3 inquiries

Last account opened June 2012

Average age of your accounts
6 years

Number of your accounts with a missed payment
0 accounts

Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits
82% (Ouch)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OCD and even numbers? Anybody else?

I wouldn't consider myself OCD, but I always round up to the nearest $10 when tipping. When I pump gas, I round to the nearest quarter. And when I schedule appointments, I only do so on the hour. Per tipping, I used to wait tables and prefer to be a little more generous. When checking my CC bill or bank statement, I'll cry foul if there was a gas charge other than one rounded to the quarter dollar. And when making appointments, I tend to remember better when set at 8:00 vs 8:30. It is funny because my FIL is opposite with time. He always has to set appointments at the half hour.
Message 2 of 11
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

Well... if I must be honest and risk revealing my *secret* identity to the hundreds of friends, family members and former students out there, I compulsively round numbers to the nearest prime number, even when cooking/microwaving! Smiley Wink
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Math_Rocks wrote:
Well... if I must be honest and risk revealing my *secret* identity to the hundreds of friends, family members and former students out there, I compulsively round numbers to the nearest prime number, even when cooking/microwaving! Smiley Wink

I think I'm in love!!!  (Don't tell my DH.)
Message 4 of 11
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Math_Rocks wrote:

I think I'm in love!!!  (Don't tell my DH.)

*sniff*

*sniff*

*wipes tears from cheeks*

Finally, someone who appreciates my oddities...

Smiley Wink 

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that would keep me busy trying to round everything all day long...I think I am OCD in that I have to check over and over again that I unplugged the curling iron before I leave for work even though I know it is unplugged. DH checks over and over that he turned off the coffee pot so together we are a mess!!!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done this forever. If I go out to eat when figuring up my tip I alway round up to an even amount. Then get annoyed when my bank account only shows the amount of the bill not the whole amount with tip included. If I pay my C.C. bill I make the amount come to a whole dollar. Some call it OCD, my DW calls it being **bleep**. Whatever, lol. I read where the singer Kelly Clarkson has a compulsion to only watch even numbered channels on television and freaks if it is on an odd number. lol.
Message 7 of 11
Want2BDebtFreeNow
New Contributor

I am glad to see that I am not the only one.
As of 11/14/2012 EQ: 672

5 inqs in the last year - October 25, 2012, July 05, 2012, July 03, 2012, June 18, 2012, February 16, 2012

(Report reads them as 3) Your applications for credit in the past year
3 inquiries

Last account opened June 2012

Average age of your accounts
6 years

Number of your accounts with a missed payment
0 accounts

Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits
82% (Ouch)
Message 8 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

I tend to want to round my FICO score to the nearest 800+ number.  I got it bad.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 11
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Math_Rocks wrote:

http://xkcd.com/247/

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.