cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obama credit card denied!

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: President Obama's Credit Card Declined!

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Shock wrote:

so what exactly is smorgasboard? basically an off topic lounge?

If it has nothing to do with credit cards, loans, app approvals, or FICO. then put it here. I could create a topic asking what your favorite brand of frozen pizza is here. It doesn't  matter Smiley Tongue

Not true.

I posted about Barclays changing their Ring credit card design in the Credit Card topic and it got moved to Smorgasboard. Apparently that's not a "Credit Card" topic.

If you are referring to this thread : http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Barclay-Ring-Design-Change/m-p/3520155#M41558,

It was moved because discussions on how a card looks ie designs are moved to SMORGASBOARD as Kenny correctly stated. 

Message 41 of 49
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@barbaralee wrote:

We were talking about this is in messenger chat at work. In my dept we put restrictions on debit cards due to fraud (causing declines) so we were joking about someone going in and restricting his card. I wonder if he was embarrassed, lol.

If the p**s-poor job he's doing doesn't embarrass him, his card being declined surely won't...Smiley Frustrated!

While I Kindly, Supportingly, and Respectfully agree, Watch it indio. Politics are off-limits per our moderator. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the support and the warning, Nixon...Smiley Wink. As I was writing my comment, I figured it would be against "policy" but I couldn't stop myself...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 42 of 49
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@EvilR-T wrote:

How is this irrelevant topic not in smorgasbord?

The story is about a credit card decline...how is it irrelevant in a credit card forum? However, the Smorgasbord location might be more appropriate.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 43 of 49
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Billybob_TX wrote:

@EvilR-T wrote:

How is this irrelevant topic not in smorgasbord?

Agree, a likely story anyway, planted to make him "more like us".

This I agree with...as it most definitely was a "planted" story.

Message 44 of 49
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Shock wrote:

so what exactly is smorgasboard? basically an off topic lounge?

If it has nothing to do with credit cards, loans, app approvals, or FICO. then put it here. I could create a topic asking what your favorite brand of frozen pizza is here. It doesn't  matter Smiley Tongue

Not true.

I posted about Barclays changing their Ring credit card design in the Credit Card topic and it got moved to Smorgasboard. Apparently that's not a "Credit Card" topic.

If you are referring to this thread : http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Barclay-Ring-Design-Change/m-p/3520155#M41558,

It was moved because discussions on how a card looks ie designs are moved to SMORGASBOARD as Kenny correctly stated. 

Oh, I saw his response. Doesn't change the mystery behind how the design of a credit card isn't a topic that's suitable for the credit card forum Smiley Tongue I get that all credit card design topics are moved to Smorgasboard, I just don't understand the logic behind it.

Message 45 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Obama credit card denied!

@red259 wrote:

Classic. Obama was a restaurant with his wife in NY and the lender declined his card due to a fraud alert. Talk about ridiculous. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/10/17/president-obamas-credit-card-was-rej...

You can't make this stuff up lol Smiley Tongue

Message 46 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@14Fiesta wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Classic. Obama was a restaurant with his wife in NY and the lender declined his card due to a fraud alert. Talk about ridiculous. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/10/17/president-obamas-credit-card-was-rej...

They didn't take AMEX? Smiley Tongue

Since when does First Premier offer an AMEX?

Message 47 of 49
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@red259 wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/10/17/president-obamas-credit-card-was-rejected-last-month/

It's a FP Private Client card. You have to have $250K a year in membership fees, then they send you a black amex FP card. Smiley LOL

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 48 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@red259 wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/10/17/president-obamas-credit-card-was-rejected-last-month/

It's a FP Private Client card. You have to have $250K a year in membership fees, then they send you a black amex FP card. Smiley LOL

So basically it's their standard card plastidipped in black and stenciled by hand. Smiley Very Happy

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.