Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh NO.....imported alcohol on the rise?

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Oh NO.....imported alcohol on the rise?

What will happen to the cost of my beloved Absolute or Stoli vodka?   My favorite white wines are from Germany.....my Bailey's from Ireland!!!!!!!

Where will this end?????Smiley Tongue
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Oh NO.....imported alcohol on the rise?

1. You can stop drinking alcohol.Smiley SurprisedSmiley Sad
2. You can keep paying the price.Smiley Mad
3. You can buy smuggled product.Smiley Wink
4. You can buy alcohol a bit cheapper at duty free shops.Smiley Tongue
5. You can call your congressperson and demand decrease in alcohol prices.Smiley Happy

Good luck.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 8
dizzier
Established Contributor

just be glad you aren't in canada (are you?). I was recently up there, and a case of american beer (think miller lite 24 pack) was about $35.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 3 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

OMG....keeping credit on track AND no alcohol?  Smiley Tongue  Noooooooooooo

While in Canada....drink Molson.  DH loves guinness, I've been making him drink at home.  The bar is just wayyyy toooo expensive.
Message 4 of 8
dizzier
Established Contributor

molson is good, but i actually prefer boreale. AWESOME.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

dizzier wrote:
just be glad you aren't in canada (are you?). I was recently up there, and a case of american beer (think miller lite 24 pack) was about $35.

It may cost a fortune to drink, but being able to call and have whatever you would like  delivered to your home is great! I thought they were kidding me when they called out for a couple of cases. We didn't even have to leave for days. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by stef37 on 06-27-2008 06:11 AM
Message 6 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Did I miss something? What happened to alcohol?
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 8
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

Domestic: Dogfish Head IPA - 60. 90 or 120 minute.  Brewed in Reheboth, DE, it is worth seeking out and trying. 

Imported: Since I can't have my Guinness unpasteurized, I'll just keep my fond memories of that magnificent head and full body until I can return to the UK.  Old Speckled Hen will do in a pinch, too, but it's better at Ploughman's with a toasted cheese and onion.

atlast....not all that much of a beer drinker, except when it's over 90 out....let's not even get started on fabulous cognacs, armagnacs and single malts.....
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.