Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay who gave Rachel my phone number...

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Okay who gave Rachel my phone number...

Got another call from her today... no idea why.. but she does call from time to time. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Okay who gave Rachel my phone number...

@jamesdwi wrote:

Got another call from her today... no idea why.. but she does call from time to time. 

I can't get the "Windows Technical Support" people to stop calling. I have an unlisted and private phone number that I just had changed to get certain people to stop calling, but they call at around 1pm every Tuesday. I assume they dial every phone number in order, because there's no other way they could have found my number.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

I can't get the "Windows Technical Support" people to stop calling. I have an unlisted and private phone number that I just had changed to get certain people to stop calling, but they call at around 1pm every Tuesday. I assume they dial every phone number in order, because there's no other way they could have found my number.

Auto dialers automatically dial numbers in consecutive order (if not programmed otherwise) and many pay no attention to unlisted, unpublished or the Federal "Do Not Call List" telephone numbers. They take the risk the government is so overloaded they won't pursue and from my reading the risk is worth taking as the Feds can't catch or prosecute all the violators (who know this).

Message 3 of 9
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

I had this problem with telemarketers and I went out and bought a phone with call blocking on it.   Best money I have ever spent.  I have knocked out 90% of my unwanted calls.  Every time I get a new unwanted number I enter it into the blocked calls section of my phone and I never hear from them again.    I highly recommend it. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Imhotrodcrazy - great suggestion. My phone company claims to have "call blocking" but I haven't found a number they could block yet (nice phone feature - doesn't do anything). A phone that can do it is a good alternative.
Message 5 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

not having a home phone cuts down on this a lot. I rarely, if ever, get unwanted calls on my cell phone.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
not having a home phone cuts down on this a lot. I rarely, if ever, get unwanted calls on my cell phone.

No worry mate, we will forward your number to Rachel for services to be rendered Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 9
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:
Imhotrodcrazy - great suggestion. My phone company claims to have "call blocking" but I haven't found a number they could block yet (nice phone feature - doesn't do anything). A phone that can do it is a good alternative.

I only paid $60 for the 2 cordless phones  with this feature on it.  What a great deal this was for me. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if my phone knows how to block numbers...

It took me forever to explain to them why I didn't want to pay extra for caller ID.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.