cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Norwest Bank training video promoting a hostile sales culture (Norwest merged Wells Fargo 1998)

tag
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Old Norwest Bank training video promoting a hostile sales culture (Norwest merged Wells Fargo 1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnqAOT46Mgc&t=51s

Not sure how old the video is but seeing as how Norwest merged in 1998 and looking at that keyboard the teller is using and that car during the first few seconds of the video outside the branch, it's at least from the 90s, maybe 80s.

If you don't know, Wells Fargo and Norwest merged in 1998. I'm seeing conflcting info online of who bought who, but as far as I can tell, it was Norwest that bought Wells Fargo (and not the other way around) and they decided to keep the Wells Fargo name over the Norwest name due to it having greater name recognition and brand awareness.

Anyways, their hostile sales culture goes WAY BACK, like decades. This isn't something that just started a few years ago like Wells Fargo damage control PR department is trying to make the general public believe.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.