Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the road.....

tag
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: On the road.....

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Very true, but a lot of Continental and US pedestrians get some good scares stepping out into the road after looking in the wrong direction.

I think the adventure in driving would occur when making turns, especially left turns. I could really see whipping your car into the oncoming traffic!

Hopefully there are no roudabouts where MV is, because that's what gave my dad the most problems Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Guardian on 03-26-2009 03:05 PM

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 21 of 29
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Very true, but a lot of Continental and US pedestrians get some good scares stepping out into the road after looking in the wrong direction.

I think the adventure in driving would occur when making turns, especially left turns. I could really see whipping your car into the oncoming traffic!

It is something you get used to!  But driving on the other side, using a stick with the wrong hand and reading a map all at the same time presents a bit of a challenge!  So to make it easy I now get an automatic and a GPS.  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 22 of 29
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:

It is something you get used to!  But driving on the other side, using a stick with the wrong hand and reading a map all at the same time presents a bit of a challenge!  So to make it easy I now get an automatic and a GPS.  Smiley Very Happy

There you go, absolutely genius Smiley Very Happy Although maybe a little less fun Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 29
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Guardian wrote:

Hopefully there are no roudabouts where MV is, because that's what gave my dad the most problems Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Guardian on 03-26-2009 03:05 PM

Ah yes, I remember those roundabouts all too well from when my father was a Visiting Professor at Nottingham in the late 1970s.  Driving was even more fun because our car in England was the absolute worst piece of automotive junk I have ever experienced, made by the nationalized carmaker British Leyland.  I am very worried about the current state of the US car industry, because the two most likely outcomes appear to be either a total collapse with horrific economic consequences or else some form of nationalization which could easily result in the US equivalent of British Leyland.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 24 of 29
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I remember when I first saw people driving on the "wrong side" of the road in Japan. For the first few months there, I scare many Japanese Nationals, as I was insistent that they were on the wrong side. Shifting with my left hand--well I am surprised that I never dropped the transmission.

Japan is full of "traffic circles" as well.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 29
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

OK, so I have survived roundabouts, traffic circles, one way systems, country lanes and diversions.  I have lost another hour of sleep (they put the clocks forward last night), returned the car, now all I have to do is get up early enough tomorrow morning to catch the bus to catch the plane and fly home.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 29
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:

OK, so I have survived roundabouts, traffic circles, one way systems, country lanes and diversions.  I have lost another hour of sleep (they put the clocks forward last night), returned the car, now all I have to do is get up early enough tomorrow morning to catch the bus to catch the plane and fly home.  Smiley Very Happy

Good to hear. Take care and have a safe flight home, we'll keep the light on for you. Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 29
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I am here
Message 28 of 29
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Welcome home!! Good to know you made it back safely.
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.