cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Banking Interface. Your personal ranking.

tag
WNA888
New Contributor

Online Banking Interface. Your personal ranking.

My older brother was asking me advice on how to improve his credit score, so I was looking over his CR and I noticed his oldest CC account was a Wells Fargo that was opened in 2003 with no activity since 2011.  I advised him to start using it to make a purchase once in while so they wouln't close his account, so he found his card they sent him a few years ago, and I activated it online, he made a few purchases on it, and I just logged in again today to set up autopay for him since he's really busy and makes lots of money, and without autopay, he would usually pay late.  I tried to find basic info as payment due date, statement closing date, where to click to make an electronic payment, autopay, etc, and these information is either no available online or reall hard to find.    I have to say that Wells Fargo has the worst online banking interface of all the online banking I have ever used in my life.  It looks like the web interface just looks like it was made in 1993 when companies first starting publishing websites.

And this is coming from a person that has many accounts from banks such as AMEX, Chase, BofA, Citi, Discover, Cap1, USAA, Barclays, Frost, eTrade, and other smaller CU and banks.  Anyway, rank your banks online interface in this thread.  Below is my subjective ranking:

AMEX, Chase, Citi, and Discover [excellent]

Barclaycard [good]

USAA [decent]

Wells Fargo [bad]

Barclaycard TU FICO Score : 826 [1/12/15]
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Online Banking Interface. Your personal ranking.

I would say AMEX is probably the best of my lenders.   Cap One is generally good, but some things are a little hard to find.  I think GE Capital (Care Credit) looks a bit cleaner than GECRB (JCP, Wally, Amazon), but both have good functionality.  Comenity is clean and consistent (VS, Gold Violin), as is TD Bank (Target).  Merrick looks and feels ancient. 

Mobile apps/sites are a whole different animal.  AMEX excels, but Cap One is extremely close.   TD Bank and Comenity are average, but GE is horrible and basically impractical to use.    Merrick is clean but very limited in function. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 7
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I've been really impressed with Barclays website.  It's easy to navigate and visually appealing.  It's actually kind of fun to visit their site.  Amex has an equally user friendly and aesthetically pleasing user interface.  Discover and Chase are functional and efficient.  

On the flipside, US Bank has a really dated interface that doesn't look like it's been updated since the 90s.  Also, it's frustrating that they don't show the amounts of each pending charges.  The app is a bit better and does show you pending charges with amounts (why you can see that pertinent information on one platform and not the other is a mystery?!).  Their sister site, Elan, is a bit better, but still really nondescript and boring.  

Message 3 of 7
bch238
Regular Contributor

Chase is far and away the best, IMO.  At least if you have CSP, you can see instantly for each charge how many points you earned and whether it is in a bonus category.  Transferring UR points between cards is a breeze.  You can easily change your bill date, see your APR, and a host of other information is easily accessed on a single screen.  You can easily set up payments, including automatic payment of certain categories of spending under Blueprint.  Printing individual charges for reimbursment to client or employer is also a breeze. 

Amex is pretty good, too; I like the ability to use rules/tags for charges; it is prettier than Chase. 

Bank of America is decent, but lacks many features of Chase and Amex.  I bank at BOA, so my Cash Rewards Visa and my wife's Privileges with Cash Rewards World MC easily can be viewed alongside our bank accounts; both cards earn 10% and 50% bonus on cash back 3-2-1 categories when deposited in our other BOA accounts, and this process can easily be automated through the website.

Cap1 is not so great.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 4 of 7
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

i have a chase SP and freedom and ink .. how do you see the pending points instantly >

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 5 of 7
bch238
Regular Contributor

To see your points earned:  Go to the main screen, click "see activity," then below "posted activity," you will see each transaction has "+" symbol.  Click that and the view will expand to show you the points earned for that transaction, including any bonus points.  I have a CSP and a Freedom; it only works with the CSP, but I can't speak for the Ink.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 6 of 7
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

alright thanks ill check it out

edit 

just checked it out and it shows points for CSP but not for freedom or ink .. weird .. would be nice to see on those cards which get the bonus points for cat spending

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.