Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only two - a challenge!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only two - a challenge!

You get a new wallet for your birthday from your spouse/child/SO/friend. It's one of those super slim wallets and you really like it.

However, after putting in your driver license, debit, and health card, you find you have only room for TWO credit cards.

Which two do you put in your wallet?
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Only two - a challenge!

wrote:
You get a new wallet for your birthday from your spouse/child/SO/friend. It's one of those super slim wallets and you really like it.

However, after putting in your driver license, debit, and health card, you find you have only room for TWO credit cards.

Oh, fun lol. I’d put in ones daily driver for catch all that doesn’t fit in a category (example citi DC) and the second whatever card you may use for the day for special categories. So a rotating card one for second slot. As a side. One why doesn’t it have more slots! Lol. But I digress...

Message 2 of 32
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Hmmm now THATS a good question
BCP - Covers me for gas and groceries both at 6%(7-11 owns the shell station near my house. When I prepay inside a 7-11 corporate store, gas and all purchases code as grocery. Anywhere other than paying inside at a 7-11 would be 3% gas)

BBT Spectrum Visa - decent CL plus 3% on everything currently
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 32
Aahz
Established Contributor

wrote:

Since I neither have nor want a debit card or health card I'd actually have 4 slots Smiley Happy  But I guess I'll just opt for super-duper thin and carry:

1) Blispay - standard daily driver for 2% everywhere

2) Rotating card based on where I'm going for best bonus category

Message 4 of 32
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Schwab Platinum and Hyatt.

Perks, purchase protection, travel insurance, a no-FTF V/MC, and a Visa for Costco shopping.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 32
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

Easy! Amex Everyday Preferred and Discover IT!
As of 11/28/2018
Message 6 of 32
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Ha! You forgot to tell us we can’t use Apple Pay (or Android or Samsung etc.)! That lets me bring along Freedom and it and Amex Platinum and lots of others. Smiley Tongue

With two I wouldn’t be able to only carry Amex so I would go with Amex Starwood Preferred Guest and Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Message 7 of 32
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Iv run out of slots on Apple Pay....

Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Ha! You forgot to tell us we can’t use Apple Pay (or Android or Samsung etc.)! That lets me bring along Freedom and it and Amex Platinum and lots of others. Smiley Tongue

With two I wouldn’t be able to only carry Amex so I would go with Amex Starwood Preferred Guest and Chase Sapphire Preferred.

Cheater!! Lol. :-)  

Message 9 of 32
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I need more slots too! Maybe I should just carry 4 phones? LOL Many of my cards are BT holders, sock drawered or cards I never actually need to use physically (Lowe’s and Amazon are good examples). And I am NOT a cheater; I just find ways to game the system. Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.