Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Only two - a challenge!

USAA Limitless and Amex BBP.
Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like this question because it forces you to think about what is the very best general purpose card, and the most valuable special category card.

I actually do carry a slim wallet with only five cards. It could fit six, but I throw in a couple of business cards to hand out leaving me room for debit, driver, health, and two credit cards.

I actually carry the CITI DC and Costco Visa. That gets me 2% minimum everywhere and extra on gas, dining and travel.

When I travel out of the US I swap out the DC for my BoA travel rewards which gets me 1.65% with no foreign fee and it does support chip and pin for those countries where that's needed. The Costco card also now has no foreign fee so it stays.

If I could squeeze in one more I'd add the Amex BCE to get an extra point on groceries, but since I do my big grocery shopping at Costco I leave the Amex at home.
Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now it would have to be my Discover it Chrome and Chase Freedom. 2% on all purchases and 4% on gas and restaurants. Then 5% on rotating categories.
Message 23 of 32
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Debit card? What's that? All joking aside, I actually did just this back in November! I have a slim leather wallet-back phone case that barely fits my dl, Platinum, and CSR. I am incerdibly fond of it! 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076B5T9GC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Amex BCP 2. Marvel MC

Covers me for Food, Gas, Video Games, Entertainment, Which represents about %90 of my swipes

Message 25 of 32
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Looks like most people lean hard one way or the other...a set of cash back cards, or a set of travel-focused cards.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 26 of 32
iced
Valued Contributor

Not a challenge at all since I only have two cards in my wallet as it is.

Chase Sapphire Reserve and Chase MileagePlus Club.

Message 27 of 32
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

American Express Gold PR and the Chase Sapphire Preferred where Amex is not accepted (mainly my mortagage and HOA). Rack up travel points from the best of both worlds.

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 28 of 32
Kree
Established Contributor

People carry only one wallet?

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Canadian-In-Seattle you pose and interesting question? For myself the cards follow pretty much how you deal with it and the credit cards (two) are rotated based on my needs at the time and to ensure I have no cards closed for "inactivity". In truth, I have closed maybe ten cards in the last two years so I can keep and rotate cards that work for my spend patterns (which may change over time).
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.