Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC vs Chase

tag
thelastoneonearth
Contributor

PNC vs Chase

I love Virutal Wallet, and love the fact I can have three accounts at once. However, my credit relatioship hasnt been too nice with PNC. I only have a $250 dollar secured card, but before getting all my other accounts, I applied for the various cards and all get denied for various reasons. However, Chase has  me for 10,500 dollars  in cards. Would it be better to start a banking relationship for Chase, to set myself up for more success with the cards I have?

Capital One Secured Platinum $750.00, Amazon Store Card $500.00, AEO Visa $4000.00, PlayStation Credit Card $500.00, My BestBuy Platinum MasterCard $1000.00 Amazon Chase $500.00 Discover IT $1500. Chase Disney Premier Visa $5000. Barclays Carnival Cruise MasterCard $500 Bank of America Norwegian Visa Signature $1500 "Apple Card" $1700 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000

My future card list:
Amex BCE
Citi Hilton Honors
AAOA 1.2years
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: PNC vs Chase

If you take care of your Chase cards, usually that's enough to continue getting CLIs or new cards, provided you haven't hit Chase's internal limit.

If you like PNC's deposit accounts and Virtual Wallet, I wouldn't switch. Plus, Chase discontinued the Chase Exclusives program (where you earned extra UR points for having a checking account and credit card), so that's a bummer. 

Message 2 of 7
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

I currently bank with Chase and have recently been debating on whether to switch to PNCs Virtual Wallet. The interface looks really cool and I'd love to be able to organize my money like how it is advertised. 

But yeah...as long as you treat your current Chase cards well, you're good. Banking with them may have a small advantage if your credit is borderline and you're applying to one of their cards for the first time.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

I currently bank with Chase and have recently been debating on whether to switch to PNCs Virtual Wallet. The interface looks really cool and I'd love to be able to organize my money like how it is advertised. 

But yeah...as long as you treat your current Chase cards well, you're good. Banking with them may have a small advantage if your credit is borderline and you're applying to one of their cards for the first time.

I know this is an old post; however, I was wondering if you ever decided to join the PNC family. I like the Virtual Wallet features. I don't use my account much. It's more of a holding place for me. 

Message 4 of 7
Luscher
Valued Contributor

CHASE!
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

I have both and PNC has been generious with auto CLIs and Chase not so much.  No issues with either.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 7
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I have the Virtual Wallet, love it. I am completely spoiled by the interface, and their customer service has been nothing short of excellent. I would consider switching to Huntington, but not Chase. We have no use for Chase cards, and I feel meh towards them. Both hubby and I have Cash builders, in fact it is my main card.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.