Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 or PS4?

tag
Mike_C
Administrator Emeritus

Re: PS3 or PS4?

My PS3 was great for the ability to play all the PS2 games.  I think my system overheated with the blue light and won't turn on now.  I could probably fix it by opening it up and using a heat gun on the mothering board to resaunder some of the circuits, but not sure if it'll last heavy usage.

Regarding selling games, I'm not a big fan of ebay.  Do you know if amzn marketplace may be an alternative to sell them?

Only the original versions of the PS3 had that ability. Later models had no backwards compatability, but offered downloads of older games through PSN.

As for the topic at hand, the PS3 is still going to be a viable system for at least a year after the PS4 comes out. You have to remember that they are only now getting to the maximum capabilities with the engine, so we are sure to see some great looking games into 2014.

As well, usual first version consoles of the next generations suffer from bugs. The original PS3s and Xbox 360s are rare to find, and were upgraded over the years to include larger hard drives, software and hardware fixes, etc.

Message 11 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Open123

I pre-ordered from Sony ( did the same on PS3). Regarding the repair, it was super quick and if they can't repair your unit they send you a like model. I was concerned that I wouldn't get the original but it came as promised. Also, it will come with a 90 day warranty.

Message 12 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

Open123,

I have sold a few games on amazon marketplace in the past. Was quite a simple process.

Nowadays however if I'm selling any games I just sell it back to amazon directly. For newer games the price is pretty decent, and they pay for shipping. You get amazon credit only but I shop on amazon a lot so it isn't an issue for me.

For older games they pay pennies to a couple dollars so its best to just list on amazon marketplace then. No listing fees.

U can also try listing on half.com, it is also owned by eBay but selling and buying process is generally a lot easierz
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 30
Open123
Super Contributor

Pennies on the dollar?  Wow, in this case I'll just donate the games and find a charity to write me a receipt for at or near market retail value.

Message 14 of 30
Open123
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@Open123

I pre-ordered from Sony ( did the same on PS3). Regarding the repair, it was super quick and if they can't repair your unit they send you a like model. I was concerned that I wouldn't get the original but it came as promised. Also, it will come with a 90 day warranty.

Did you have to send it in?  Or, do you know if dropping it by a Sony store is an option?

Message 15 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Open123

They send you a box with a pre-paid label. Really nice and easy.
Message 16 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Well, tomorrow is the big day. Tracked my order and it's due to arrive via FedEx tomorrow. DH and DS are like little kids waiting for Santa! Target has the games buy 2 get 1 free.

All I can do is...shake my head!
Message 17 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Well, tomorrow is the big day. Tracked my order and it's due to arrive via FedEx tomorrow. DH and DS are like little kids waiting for Santa! Target has the games buy 2 get 1 free.

All I can do is...shake my head!

Lexie, Amazon and Fry's had that promo too!

What games did you end up getting?

I got a copy of Killzone but the console is still in the box unopened haha. I also preordered the xbox one. Hopefully I will have the chance to try out both consoles this weekend.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 30
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

The guys i play online with are splitting over the new systems.  I wont get the new xbox one until later (jan, feb).  Some are getting it right away and a few are moving to the PS4.  I am too old to be playing online LOL  but do enjoy it.   I will have to buy 2 when i do since my son plays as well.  He wants a PS4 but I am not willing to go that route yet.

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 19 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@enharu

They wanted Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Killzone- Battlefied was sold out.

I was able to order a couple more bundles from Sony; oddly enough they shipped them out in pieces not really a bundle except the price.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.