Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Notice of Policy Updates

tag
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

PayPal Notice of Policy Updates

Hello,

PayPal is looking to implement a new update to their terms and policy. It reads:

PayPal recently posted a new Policy Update which includes changes to the PayPal User Agreement. The update to the User Agreement is effective November 1, 2012 and contains several changes, including changes that affect how claims you and PayPal have against each other are resolved. You will, with limited exception, be required to submit claims you have against PayPal to binding and final arbitration, unless you opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate (Section 14.3) by December 1, 2012. Unless you opt out: (1) you will only be permitted to pursue claims against PayPal on an individual basis, not as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative action or proceeding and (2) you will only be permitted to seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) on an individual basis.

You can view this Policy Update by logging in to your PayPal account. To log in to your account, go to https://www.paypal.com and enter your member log in information. Once you are logged in, look at the Notifications section on the top right side of the page for the latest Policy Updates. We encourage you to review the Policy Update to familiarize yourself with all of the changes that have been made.

If you need help logging in, go to our Help Center by clicking the Help link located in the upper right-hand corner of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,

PayPal

Anyone know how to opt out. There's no way of doing it on PayPal.com. You have to send snail mail to

PayPal, Inc.,
Attn: Litigation Department,
2211 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95131

with your name and information telling them you want to opt out. Anyone have a template they used to get this done?

Thanx

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Re: PayPal Notice of Policy Updates

No more class actions against Paypal? Oh no! I made $8 in a class action against them once. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 6
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

@KingAdrock wrote:

No more class actions against Paypal? Oh no! I made $8 in a class action against them once. Smiley Very Happy

I'm betting that's probably more than you make in an hour Smiley LOL

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 3 of 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Paypal sent this email to me this morning.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 6
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@HenryJumbo wrote:

@KingAdrock wrote:

Actually that WAS about what I made at the time... however it was almost a decade ago. But honestly I just turned in the paperwork for the heck of it, with the expectation of getting a check for something like fifty cents. But low and behold, I got a "whopping" 8 dollars. ::eyeroll::

Yeah, on the whole I think class actions are a joke.

Message 5 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@KingAdrock wrote:

@HenryJumbo wrote:

@KingAdrock wrote:

Actually that WAS about what I made at the time... however it was almost a decade ago. But honestly I just turned in the paperwork for the heck of it, with the expectation of getting a check for something like fifty cents. But low and behold, I got a "whopping" 8 dollars. ::eyeroll::

Yeah, on the whole I think class actions are a joke.

Thats lunch and a cheap restaurant Smiley Tongue 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.