Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Takeout food with credit cards

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Paying Takeout food with credit cards

This thread is kinda a spin off of another thread but is it just me or does anyone elsehate paying with my credit cards for take out? I hate the little tip line that always shows up. If I'm picking up a pizza or Chiense food I don't leave a tip it's kinda awkward. I mean the person did not serve me the cook made the food and put it in a box.
AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying Takeout food with credit cards

Don't fill out anything for the tip and just re-write the original total in the total line.

That said, I will tip for takeout. Something simple like pizza, I don't, but if I order a restaraunt to go, someone still cooked the food and then someone else had to carefully package everything. I'll generally add 10%.

Message 2 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moving to Smorgas Bored

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:
This thread is kinda a spin off of another thread but is it just me or does anyone elsehate paying with my credit cards for take out? I hate the little tip line that always shows up. If I'm picking up a pizza or Chiense food I don't leave a tip it's kinda awkward. I mean the person did not serve me the cook made the food and put it in a box.

I only tip on delivery or if I am served in a restaurant. I don't tip for food I go to pick up. Some places around here actually charge extra for takeout containers.   

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 7
compassion101
Established Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I'd love to pay for takeout with your credit cards if you will let me Smiley Wink

But, seriously, no issue. If I don't want to tip then I don't. I don't tip when I pick up a pizza or chinese

Message 5 of 7
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:
This thread is kinda a spin off of another thread but is it just me or does anyone elsehate paying with my credit cards for take out? I hate the little tip line that always shows up. If I'm picking up a pizza orChiense food I don't leave a tip it's kinda awkward. I mean the person did not serve me the cook made the food and put it in a box.

I have a question off of this - Does it make me a jerk to write a micro tip onto receipts to make the total even? Is it seen as insulting? I ask because I stopped in at Coldstone the other day and when I was signing for my ice cream, I put 46 cents in the tip amount to make it an even $10 for my total.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 6 of 7
Stralem
Established Contributor

These threads, man.

For a bunch of credit card afficionados, you guys seem amazingly self-conscious about how you use them.

I myself have no qualms about paying for takeout with plastic. If it's delivery, I have the tip added into the final price, write a small tip on the return receipt (same as I do in sit-down restaurants), or just tip in cash. If they don't like accepting plastic, they can lovingly eat my most tangy of orifices.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.