Regular Contributor
Asailorshort

Phone Internet customer service pet peeves

i teach college aged students and have 2 teens & a 3 yo, so I generally have quite a bit of patience.  However, alllll of that is usually gone within the first couple of minutes when talking to a voice prompted customer 'service'  Robot.  You know the kind:  'I'm sorry did you say Tracking?' '  Me:  'no, I saI'd return a package.'  It usually only takes about 5 minutes before I'm calling the robot bad names and and screaming the same word over and over again.  (Ie 'package!  I said 'package!'  Why can't you understand that, you stupid little @&$&!)

what about you?  What are your biggest pet peeves?

Starting FICO 667 (5/2012) EQ
672 (7/2012) EQ. 681 (8/1/12) EQ
Current FICO 682 (10/13/12) EQ; 718 (10/13/12) TU
Goal: 760+ but 700-720 by jan 2013
No new apps tll jul 2013
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Re: Phone Internet customer service pet peeves

Asailorshort wrote:

i teach college aged students and have 2 teens & a 3 yo, so I generally have quite a bit of patience.  However, alllll of that is usually gone within the first couple of minutes when talking to a voice prompted customer 'service'  Robot.  You know the kind:  'I'm sorry did you say Tracking?' '  Me:  'no, I saI'd return a package.'  It usually only takes about 5 minutes before I'm calling the robot bad names and and screaming the same word over and over again.  (Ie 'package!  I said 'package!'  Why can't you understand that, you stupid little @&$&!)

Haha, whenever I get a machine of any sort I just pound the "0" button until it says "I think you want to talk to a representative." 

Works every time :smileyvery-happy: 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

jsucool76 wrote:

Asailorshort wrote:

Haha, whenever I get a machine of any sort I just pound the "0" button until it says "I think you want to talk to a representative." 

Works every time :smileyvery-happy: 

I started doing this after I read about someone recommending it here on the forums, & it works great, 99% of the time.  I don't recall who I was calling the other day, I believe Lane Bryant CC, & it didn't work!  It kept saying, "I understand you want to speak to a representative, but I need to know how to direct your call."  I was like, are you kidding me???

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Regular Contributor
Asailorshort

Hmm thanks!  I'm sure I've pressed 0 multiple times in a row before but probably lost patience too soon & started pressing random numbers too.  I'll have to try that next time.

Starting FICO 667 (5/2012) EQ
672 (7/2012) EQ. 681 (8/1/12) EQ
Current FICO 682 (10/13/12) EQ; 718 (10/13/12) TU
Goal: 760+ but 700-720 by jan 2013
No new apps tll jul 2013

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+