Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Internet customer service pet peeves

tag
Asailorshort
Regular Contributor

Phone Internet customer service pet peeves

i teach college aged students and have 2 teens & a 3 yo, so I generally have quite a bit of patience.  However, alllll of that is usually gone within the first couple of minutes when talking to a voice prompted customer 'service'  Robot.  You know the kind:  'I'm sorry did you say Tracking?' '  Me:  'no, I saI'd return a package.'  It usually only takes about 5 minutes before I'm calling the robot bad names and and screaming the same word over and over again.  (Ie 'package!  I said 'package!'  Why can't you understand that, you stupid little @&$&!)

what about you?  What are your biggest pet peeves?

Starting FICO 667 (5/2012) EQ
672 (7/2012) EQ. 681 (8/1/12) EQ
Current FICO 682 (10/13/12) EQ; 718 (10/13/12) TU
Goal: 760+ but 700-720 by jan 2013
No new apps tll jul 2013
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Phone Internet customer service pet peeves

@Asailorshort wrote:

@ i teach college aged students and have 2 teens & a 3 yo, so I generally have quite a bit of patience.  However, alllll of that is usually gone within the first couple of minutes when talking to a voice prompted customer 'service'  Robot.  You know the kind:  'I'm sorry did you say Tracking?' '  Me:  'no, I saI'd return a package.'  It usually only takes about 5 minutes before I'm calling the robot bad names and and screaming the same word over and over again.  (Ie 'package!  I said 'package!'  Why can't you understand that, you stupid little @&$&!)

Haha, whenever I get a machine of any sort I just pound the "0" button until it says "I think you want to talk to a representative." 

Works every time Smiley Very Happy 

Message 2 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Asailorshort wrote:

@ i teach college aged students and have 2 teens & a 3 yo, so I generally have quite a bit of patience.  However, alllll of that is usually gone within the first couple of minutes when talking to a voice prompted customer 'service'  Robot.  You know the kind:  'I'm sorry did you say Tracking?' '  Me:  'no, I saI'd return a package.'  It usually only takes about 5 minutes before I'm calling the robot bad names and and screaming the same word over and over again.  (Ie 'package!  I said 'package!'  Why can't you understand that, you stupid little @&$&!)

Haha, whenever I get a machine of any sort I just pound the "0" button until it says "I think you want to talk to a representative." 

Works every time Smiley Very Happy 

I started doing this after I read about someone recommending it here on the forums, & it works great, 99% of the time.  I don't recall who I was calling the other day, I believe Lane Bryant CC, & it didn't work!  It kept saying, "I understand you want to speak to a representative, but I need to know how to direct your call."  I was like, are you kidding me???

Message 3 of 4
Asailorshort
Regular Contributor

Hmm thanks!  I'm sure I've pressed 0 multiple times in a row before but probably lost patience too soon & started pressing random numbers too.  I'll have to try that next time.

Starting FICO 667 (5/2012) EQ
672 (7/2012) EQ. 681 (8/1/12) EQ
Current FICO 682 (10/13/12) EQ; 718 (10/13/12) TU
Goal: 760+ but 700-720 by jan 2013
No new apps tll jul 2013
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.