Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Enforce Lights

tag
Cory
Established Contributor

Photo Enforce Lights

Have anyone of you had any experience getting one of these tickets. Those are the lights that flash, if you run a redlight while driving. I got one July 19, 2009 and have not responded yet. My conscious is telling me to respond as soon as possible. But fear is gripping me and telling me to just let it go.

Cory

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Photo Enforce Lights

I have never gotten one but, that was three months ago, I think I would respond. 

At the very least you need to contest it, if thats what you choose to do. I think

that it takes a picture of you (not sure, just what I have heard).  Whatever you do

be sure to show up if you have a court date, I once got a ticket for running a red light

and called in to change my court date as my mother had a heart attack.  Someone

forgot to input the change and they put a warrant out for my arrest (or so the judge said).

But I did show up and got the fine reduced.  Good Luck Vicki

Message 2 of 26
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Cory wrote:

Have anyone of you had any experience getting one of these tickets. Those are the lights that flash, if you run a redlight while driving. I got one July 19, 2009 and have not responded yet. My conscious is telling me to respond as soon as possible. But fear is gripping me and telling me to just let it go.

Cory

Well I have never personally gotten one and I have been around alot of them where I live. However, I know people who have gotten them and the fact is that there is NO defense to it whatsoever. Unless it clearly shows that you were more than 50% through the intersection, then you are guilty by the virtue of prima facia evidence (basically the picture itself is the proof you are guilty) and will not be dismieed or contested in anyway. They suck and they are similar to the ones issued by choppers which are ALSO indisputable and prima facia evidence and therefore automatic guilty. That being said, I personally am the type that would try and fight this. You should try and hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst that they will not dismiss it and you have to pay for it.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 3 of 26
Cory
Established Contributor

Thanks guys for responding. What I don't like is the fact that the minimum fine is $450 now, and you still have to either go to traffic school, or take an online course.

Just let me pay the fine, and get it out of the way, or just let me go to traffic school, but not both. And yes, they have a nice picture of me. I have not taken a picture so clear and well groomed.

Cory

Message 4 of 26
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

$450 ?!?

Yikes!

That's the annual town budget for Hooterville!

Message 5 of 26
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Cory wrote:

Thanks guys for responding. What I don't like is the fact that the minimum fine is $450 now, and you still have to either go to traffic school, or take an online course.

Just let me pay the fine, and get it out of the way, or just let me go to traffic school, but not both. And yes, they have a nice picture of me. I have not taken a picture so clear and well groomed.

Cory

Both? That's illegal, which state or county jurisdiction are you in? The traffic school option is in lieu of the fine and although you still pay a certain amount of fine to the court, its considered "administrative" fees, not the actual violation bond amount (the whole fine). I think you need to look into that, don't assume that my friend, you should have options beyond losing a small fortune for everything.

Message 6 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, that's brutal!

I got one in Germantown (the lah-de-dah eastern suburb of Memphis) several years ago, and I think it was $90. No threat of school, etc., just pay up. Which I did.

And I got a speeding ticket a year for around $120 for going (ahem) 69 in a 50, which was really 74 in a 50, and I just had to write a check. Dave Matthews was in the CD player, what can I say. It was morning rush hour, and it can be tough to get motivated to go to work.

If for no other reason, I'd find out what exactly you have to do to pay the fine. Things like this get sent to collections, and that's a nasty hit on your credit. We've had members here post with collections for overdue library books and for parking tickets.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 26
Cory
Established Contributor

@Guardian wrote:

@Cory wrote:

Cory

Both? That's illegal, which state or county jurisdiction are you in? The traffic school option is in lieu of the fine and although you still pay a certain amount of fine to the court, its considered "administrative" fees, not the actual violation bond amount (the whole fine). I think you need to look into that, don't assume that my friend, you should have options beyond losing a small fortune for everything.

Hi Guardian,

I live in Los Angeles California, and heard from two or three people, that's what you have to go through. I will check into it further. I will ask to do community service, or something. Thing is, I have to repond to the notice first. I pray that want penalize me for responding ninety days later.

Thanks for your help.

Cory

Message 8 of 26
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Cory, its funny, I live in LA too. I can only say thank god then I have not gotten any so far. I'd say do a mail-in statement and take your chances with a pretty good bs story and see what happens. You have nothing to lose, since you have to pay the bail up front anyway. So even if they say no, you pay the same as if you didn't try anything at all. At least the upshot is that you might get lucky.

Message 9 of 26
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Cory wrote:

Cory

Sorry to hear about your trouble but you must not wait any longer to take care of this. Putting it off can cause late fees to be added and who knows what else. A $450 fine AND a requirement to attend driving school doesn't sound right to me but you do live in California where anything is possible. We have those cameras here but the fine is only $75 and it doesn't even go against your driving record.

Don't wait another day to find out about this. There should be information on the ticket where to call for further information. Our minicipal court here even has a website that lists fines for various offenses. Perhaps that might be worth looking into where you live.

I wish you the best of luck. Please let us all know what happens.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.