cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polite way to ask if someone's kid is "special"?

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Polite way to ask if someone's kid is "special"?

Downstairs kid runs, stomps, and jumps all day. Can't get any work done because he shakes the house. Obviously, I don't want to be that tenant but it's gotten old.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Polite way to ask if someone's kid is "special"?

Kids are kids.  They do Mod Cut like that all of the time.  And they should. 

They grow out of it, just like you and I did (and everyone else on these boards). 

I'm not preaching here, either.  Kids are great (in small doses, and as long as they're not mine).   I don't know how my parents ever stood me, as a child or as an adult, (allegedly).

Since you're trying to work at home, and if the kid is old enough, buy him a PlayStation or an XBox, if it's worth it to you.  Probably deductible, too, since it's work related expenses. 

He/she will sit on its arse all day long from then on, until old enough for a phone he/she can tweet/facebook/whatever on a "social" network involving screen names and not real, in-the-flesh people, face-to-face.

Aside from that, chill.  Things will only bother you if you let them bother you.

Peace!

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

UBUP has far more patience than I do.  I'd go crazy if a kid stomped all day.  But I don't think asking if he has ADD or anything is going to stop him from doing it.

Will it make you feel a little more gracious if you knew he had some kind of problem?  Either way, stomping is stomping.  Good Luck!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Benadryl...

lol, i'm just kidding. I have no patience, I would end up locking the kid out or something.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.