Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prayers for those affected by Irma

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prayers for those affected by Irma

Quite a few of our myfico members are in areas that have already been impacted by or are about to be impacted by Hurricane Irma. Please send them our prayers and good thoughts. I've been thinking about them all morning and pray that they are not impacted too severely.

Several of these areas impacted by Irma are ones we had visited in the past few years and gotten to know the people and the area quite well. It made me very sad this morning to see Princess Juliana Airport be ripped apart and look like a war zone.

All of these areas and individual families will have years of difficulty recovering from the devastation.

There may be as many as several hundred dead in areas impacted by Irma, as news is still rolling in.

It's hard to think that moms and dads who were just yesterday hugging their children are no longer alive today.

Continued prayers and good thoughts also for those myfico members and their families impacted by Hurricane Harvey as well. 

Those of us who are not impacted are really very fortunate. Our family is trying to do what we can to donate and help with several efforts, and I know that many myfico members have as well.

Perhaps the moderators could let us know if a group myfico effort is possible in terms of donations. I know that some members have also helped on the front lines, too, which really has made a difference.

Feeling very fortunate today to see the sun outside and to hug my family.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prayers for those affected by Irma

Thank you. I live in Miami, about 15 miles SW of downtown and the beach. So far I plan on staying. I'll keep you guys updated as long as I have power. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I live in Melbourne by the cape. I will check in as I can. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

First day of internet and phone service. Still on a generator. Sucks. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was spared. Over 70% of Miami was out of power at one point and I was in the 30% that never lost it. Still can't go back to work which blows, but it could always be worse. 

Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you Humu, as always your support is truely appreciatedSmiley Happy

Glad to see you check in Miesterbro and ALK11Smiley Happy
Definitely could have been worse where i live. Dad , right across street just got back power about an hour ago. Small stepsSmiley Wink. For those who've lost, my condolences, to those who endured, i hope things get better as soon as possibleSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Powers on!!!! Powers on!!!  

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those effected you will rebuild bolder ,stronger and live a modern country that many wish to be born in your fellow citizens are with you keep moving you got this. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.