Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional resume service....

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Professional resume service....

Has anyone had a professional resume written lately?  Were you happy with it?  Not happy?

Any suggestions?  Referrals?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Professional resume service....

I have written my own and paid to have them done.

I honestly think I got more responses with my own.

Message 2 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

I have written my own and paid to have them done.

I honestly think I got more responses with my own.

If things were a bit different right now, I'd do the same, but with all the craziness going on...bathroom restoration, physical therapy on my shoulders & just trying to take care of things around my place (yard work, painting & such) to do my refi...I know I'm just too exhauseted to do it correctly

For one of the few times in my life, I have more money than time. (normally, it's not enough of either!)

Message 3 of 10
MattH
Senior Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

Has anyone had a professional resume written lately?  Were you happy with it?  Not happy?

Any suggestions?  Referrals?

My wife and I have both worked with a career advisor, whose services were very much worth the money we paid her.  This advisor did help us with résumé writing, but that was only a small portion of what she did; first she spent considerable time helping us think through larger strategic goals before drilling down to tactical matters such as the résumé.  The service of writing a résumé alone would, I think, be of limited value by itself.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Well, since I just found out that the contract I'm working under has lost several attempts to win their bidding war, and my position will end any time after August 31, I need the quickest and best solution to help me find another job.  I have a lot of monthly bills to pay and I'm the only one paying them.  Time is not on my side.

Message 5 of 10
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Bungalo Mo - sorry to read about your contract ending.

My ex does Executive Recruiting - he suggested get the pencil to the paper and do it yourself. Post resume on monster, dice if technical, careerbuilder (I don't know if that is a hot one for your area, VA).

How's your networking? I mention this because I got my last two consecutive jobs through networking, someone knew someone. Close the deal by telling your future employer what they want to hear!

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Did you graduate from a university?  If so, you may try contacting their career services department.  Many schools will help alumni loooong after they graduate for free.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@thrasher865 wrote:

Did you graduate from a university?  If so, you may try contacting their career services department.  Many schools will help alumni loooong after they graduate for free.

Thanks for the tip, but no, I didn't graduate from a university.  I did find a service I decided to use & they did a wonderful job.  If I didn't have so much going on right now & if I wasn't in such of a time crunch, I may have been able to come up with something stellar on my own, but these days...that was just not happening.

Message 8 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

Bungalow, best of luck  finding a new job.   I just moved to S. Miami to attend school, so I'm now in need of a new job too.

Message 9 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

Bungalow, best of luck  finding a new job.   I just moved to S. Miami to attend school, so I'm now in need of a new job too.

Thanks DI !! Good luck to you as well on the job hunting saga!  Smiley Happy

I'm just hoping that everything falls into place for my refi on my mortgage too. 

I have been so patient.....got util down around 26%, got the okay for all 3 cra's to remove the 90-day, 6 yo score killer from sallie mae to be removed, dropped off EX & the other 2 are like snails.  My old mortgage gal is at a new company & my mtg agent just refi'd with her with NO new appraisal!  (I need that)  I just want to get this done before my job ends!!!  I have all the stubs they need, but I can't wait until late September!  Might have to pull the trigger when even one more cra drops sallie.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.