Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pros and Cons - PDA, Smartphone, Iphone, Blackberry etc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pros and Cons - PDA, Smartphone, Iphone, Blackberry etc

well after having to find an internet cafe to check flight info while on our last international trip, and being stuck in atlanta w/o the lap top, i did some searching and settled on the iphone and WOW. very cool, i do miss some of the bb functions (calender appointments settings, holster and lock options, etc.). however overall it's slicker than snot!

Message 21 of 36
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Just bit on a BB Curve. Never would have spent $500 on one, but did bid on one for $150 on ebay and won. It's only a month old. Can't wait to get it. I am tired of missing my emails, when I am away from my desk.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 36
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I ended up with a boring Samsung, no touch screen at all.

Pros - synchronizes beautifully with outlook, so I have what I need, and it cost nothing.  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 23 of 36
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

MV, which Samsung?

(sorry, I can't seem to quote on, umm, this particular computer, and I'm too exasperated to type in all the html)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 36
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
MV, which Samsung?

(sorry, I can't seem to quote on, umm, this particular computer, and I'm too exasperated to type in all the html)

Blackjack?
Message 25 of 36
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

MidnightVoice wrote:

MV, which Samsung?

Blackjack?

Thanks. Now I have to try to figure if Verizon offers it. Smiley Tongue

I swear, their website is so confusing...

eta: OK, that may or may not be a Samsung GH or SGH-1607. If so, Verizon doesn't have it. Of course.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-10-2009 03:57 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 26 of 36
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:

MV, which Samsung?

Blackjack?

Thanks. Now I have to try to figure if Verizon offers it. Smiley Tongue

I swear, their website is so confusing...

eta: OK, that may or may not be a Samsung GH or SGH-1607. If so, Verizon doesn't have it. Of course.
It is a SGH-i617.  I am cheap - why pay $100+ for what I want when I can get what I need for nothing?  Smiley Very Happy 

Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks very much for the informative posts - I contacted Verizon to see if my business would even be approved without deposit, since I was leaning toward the storm, and the rep actually advised that I look into the pearl or curve - based on my business need and lower expense for those.  I prefer the full keyboard, so I think curve.  He said though the storm is nice, its lag time could be frustrating.

So now that I am just about settled on the curve, though still longingly eyeing the storm, darn commercial advertising!!, I do think I will do a bit more research into blackberrys without some of the extra multimedia features.  Then I will just need to settle on a provider.  Verizon was able to establish a biz account w/o deposit, but I didn't commit just yet, think I'll give AT&T a call tomorrow. 

I have the curve and I love it.  I was a NO CELL PHONE girl, unfortunately I had 6 team assignments this semester.  So with deadlines, I couldn't afford to miss a call or email.  I got on with T-mobile--because there was a University discount.  I have the unlimited wifi calling so making calls from home is free (as well as at Stabucks and at school).  I must tell you, the calendar function and the Office to Go have been life savers.  And as a student I love the G-flash app, I can upload flash cards and study anywhere!  Super!

I hate phones, but I love my crackberry! 

Message Edited by miahmarie on 02-11-2009 10:48 AM
Message 28 of 36
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Can't wait for mine to arrive. I don't get all excited about gadgets, but I really can't wait for it to get here. It will give me a sense of being connected to my business all the time.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 36
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

ByrdMan wrote: 

It will give me a sense of being connected to my business all the time.

I am so sorry - I know how bad that feeling is.  I too yearn for the old days when one could escape.  Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.