cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prostate Cancer - Consider Proton Therapy Treatments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prostate Cancer - If you, your spouse, or anyone you know has been diagnosed with it.

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Thanks, imhotrodcrazy, digitaldiva and Mustanglvr2006!

I truly appreciate your kindness and support.

Hopefully, nobody you know will ever need treatment for this disease, but if somebody does, please remember this thread, and pass along this info about proton therapy for prostate cancer.  You'll be saving somebody a lot of anguish in choosing his path of treatment.

Thanks again, my friends!  Smiley Happy

Uborrow-Upay

You are very welcome Smiley Happy

I will definitely remember this thread if anyone I know ever has this disease.

Message 31 of 56
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Prostate Cancer - If you, your spouse, or anyone you know has been diagnosed with it.

My once-a-month bump up of the original post, combined with wishing a "Happy New Year" to each and every one of you!!

Smiley Happy

Uborrow-Upay

Message 32 of 56
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Bump!

My contribution to making sure you know about options the good doctor may not tell you about...

Message 33 of 56
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Bump!

My contribution to making sure you know about options the good doctor may not tell you about...

I have not seen or heard from my friend UBUP in some time .  I sure hope he is feeling OK and doing well.  I am bumping his post to the forefront this month because I know how important this was for him to keep us all informed.  I am concerned about him since he has not been on lately.  Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.  I pray that he is not having more problems.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 34 of 56
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Proton Therapy for Prostate Cancer

Alive and well here, imhotrodcrazy!  Smiley Happy

Thank you for your thoughtfulness.  You're a superstar in my book!

Message 35 of 56
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: Proton Therapy for Prostate Cancer

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Alive and well here, imhotrodcrazy!  Smiley Happy

Thank you for your thoughtfulness.  You're a superstar in my book!

Hey buddy,

Glad to see that you are doing well and back on the forum.  Keep up the good work my friend. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 36 of 56
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Prostate Cancer - Consider Proton Therapy Treatments

Hi, everybody!

Just thought I'd do another bump up of my original post, and also include a couple of links that may prove beneficial.

Here's a map/list of current proton therapy treatment centers in the United States, and here's a recent article that relates one man's experience with this proton treatment option for prostate cancer.

As always, do your own research and make your own choice.  This subject is just about as personal as it can get for the guys (and their spouses, too).  So, take your time...evaluate everything...question everyone and everything...and then let it be, or take some action. 

It's your choice, not your doctor's.

As always, all the best to each and every one of you on these boards!!  Smiley Happy

Uborrow-Upay

Message 37 of 56
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Well, it's been over a year since I first posted this info.  Hopefully, someone has benefitted from reading it.

One final, unabashed bump-up of the thread, and that's it.

Thanks to all of you who've replied, and more importantly, passed on this alternative treatment option to someone needing the information. 

I appreciate the mods and admins at myfico.com for allowing me to use this venue to try and help others facing this very difficult decision on treatment of prostate cancer. 

Uborrow-Upay

Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 56
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Well, it's been over a year since I first posted this info.  Hopefully, someone has benefitted from reading it.

One final, unabashed bump-up of the thread, and that's it.

Thanks to all of you who've replied, and more importantly, passed on this alternative treatment option to someone needing the information. 

I appreciate the mods and admins at myfico.com for allowing me to use this venue to try and help others facing this very difficult decision on treatment of prostate cancer. 

Uborrow-Upay

Smiley Happy

Hey buddy, 

Hope all is well with you still.  Haven't talked to you in a while.  I thank you for bringing this treatment to our attention.  I have passed it on to several people I know.  I don't think we should let this post go silent.  Lets keep it going on a monthly basis.  You never know when a new person coming into the forum will see it, and possibly need the help.  Take care my friend.   

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 39 of 56
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

For the newbies.

Thanks, imhotrodcrazy.  I knew there was some reason I liked you.  Smiley Happy

(You're nicer than me).

Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.