Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REALLY? This is how Best Buy works?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

REALLY? This is how Best Buy works?

I am so annoyed.

Sunday I went online to purchase a CD as a gift. I had a rewardzone certificate for 5.00. Ok
Went to Bestbuy online, found it for $8.99. CD showed a location for pick up in store near me using my Zip Code and found a location (only 1 of 4) that had it. Set up the transaction, used the giftcertificate, and figured I would pick it up next day.

Get an email from them that they will send a email me confirming it is in stock.

Next day around noon I get an email that the CD was not in stock.

OK email states they will cancel the transaction and start the refund on my certificate in 7 days. Since the CD was no located in any local stores I was like OK I will cancel it. I did not go online and cancel in my account as their email pretty much says it would happen automatically.

Happened to be out running errands that night and was near a store not in my original Zip location. They had it. for $2.00 more then the online price. They would not price match their own ONLINE SITE, even after I explained the mix up on my order, and I could not use the certificate as it showed as redeemed.

OK, I pay $10.99- Gift is bought.

Tuesday morning, I happen to be in the area of the store I was originally slotted to pick the CD up in, and they had 2 copies. maybe it came in that day who knows.

NOW almost a week later I have received an email every other day stating not to let my purchase go, even though it was not available at my store, which it was or at least now is.

"The item you ordered is not available for pickup at the N OLMSTED OH Best Buy store #279.

If you still want this product, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY to check product availability at a different store or to have the item shipped via free standard shipping. Please contact us within 3 days to choose one of these options. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

If you no longer want this product, you do not need to take any action. We will cancel this order in 3 days and your credit card will not be charged. If you paid with PayPal, your PayPal account will be credited. If you used a Gift Card, your card will be credited. "

Are they really this stupid?

I mean I guess I could have went online and canceled it that day when they said it was not available but they said the order would just die.

If it was not in stock Monday they could not freaking re-check sometime between now and the 3 other emails I have received?

And they do not price match their own Website?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: REALLY? This is how Best Buy works?

most stores will not price match their own website.

our experience with getting things shipped to the store (at many different stores) has been atrocious.  i'll just pay the d*** shipping fees.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: REALLY? This is how Best Buy works?

I have always had problems with Best Buy and their policies.  I have had almost the exact same problem with the online thing with them.  Personally, I just dont shop there anymore.  It used to be that their prices were better, but I find now that if I look at other places I can find that the prices are definitely better at other places and the service is better.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.