Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactions when presenting CSP

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Re: Reactions when presenting CSP

@Peteyglad wrote:

I had the CSP for 14 months and only got a handful of comments. Now I have the Ritz card and that almost always gets a reaction.

+1 This.

I feel Ritz Always gets attention. One day one college girl, working in CVS was staring my card for a few seconds before she gave it back.

Message 21 of 44
Bman70
Established Contributor

I'm just waiting for someone to offer a card with an opener like this. Then I could buy a soda and open it right there in front of the stunned cashiers

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 22 of 44
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

I went into CVS the other day, and the cashier had never seen a metal credit card. She was in complete shock haha. It was funny to see her reaction. She even asked the other cashiers near by, "have you ever seen anything like this before? I am still in shock!" LOL Smiley Tongue

That is strange, I swipe my own credit card at CVS. Doesn't matter if its the self service checkouts or not, there is still a place to swipe your own card.

And I can't tell much difference between a metal or a plastic card. Weight is barely noticeable. Magnets *barely* stick to it at all.

Purchases over 1k require them to swipe your ID and CC lol.

Not everywhere.  Yes, they need to scan your ID and look at the CC, but the CVS I go to almost never scan the CC itself unless something goes wrong.

But I don't get the amazement about the CSP.   After reading about it here, I expected it to be significantly different, obviously metal etc.  When I finally got mine, I was surprised at how normal it is.  Yes a little heavier, but hardly really different.  \

Message 23 of 44
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

I went into CVS the other day, and the cashier had never seen a metal credit card. She was in complete shock haha. It was funny to see her reaction. She even asked the other cashiers near by, "have you ever seen anything like this before? I am still in shock!" LOL Smiley Tongue

That is strange, I swipe my own credit card at CVS. Doesn't matter if its the self service checkouts or not, there is still a place to swipe your own card.

And I can't tell much difference between a metal or a plastic card. Weight is barely noticeable. Magnets *barely* stick to it at all.

Not everywhere.  Yes, they need to scan your ID and look at the CC, but the CVS I go to almost never scan the CC itself unless something goes wrong.

But I don't get the amazement about the CSP.   After reading about it here, I expected it to be significantly different, obviously metal etc.  When I finally got mine, I was surprised at how normal it is.  Yes a little heavier, but hardly really different.  \

Well, in this situation she scanned it herself. I just handed her my CC and ID. 

And yes, after a while it's just another CC. However, not everyone has seen a metal CC. So reactions will occur from time to time. 

Message 24 of 44
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

If you don't have a CSP, try this: get 3 plastic credit cards. Stack two of them and hold them between your thumb and index finger. now hold the 3rd card in your other hand between thumb and index finger. One hand is holding twice the weight of the other. Now, how much do you notice the extra weight?

Go ahead, swap the weight. Now hold just one weight, now just the other weight.

You really don't notice, because in one hand you have 1/5 of an ounce, and the other has 2/5ths. The CSP weights about 2/5ths of an ounce.

There is such a small amount of material in a thin credit card, that differences in the materials mass doesn't make a huge difference.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 25 of 44
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I can count on one hand how often I have been complimented on a card. I must be carrying some duds. And anytime I try to present a card to the cashier to run they usually look at me like I'm the laziest human being on the planet and respond with: "You can go ahead and swipe your card on the machine in front of you..."

Sigh, such is life. 

Message 26 of 44
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I don't particularly like getting any reaction from my cards - it's a petty thing to draw attention to in my opinion.  I used CSP to buy a Gatorade at a Marathon gas station once and the cashier commented "is it difficult carrying such a heavy card?"  I haven't used it since.

Message 27 of 44
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:
IME, no one cares when I pay with my CSP. It's not that big of a deal, really. Most people that take your card to swipe it for you probably swipe a hundred cards a day and after a while a card is a card is a card is a card. 

+1 no one cares... Smiley Indifferent

Message 28 of 44
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

And yes, after a while it's just another CC. However, not everyone has seen a metal CC. So reactions will occur from time to time. 

And my reaction when i see someone allowing their id to be scanned it utter shock! yes you are using this glorious  card but lack the smarts to realize that just about every bit of your personal information is on that drivers license they just scanned....need i mention target?

Message 29 of 44
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

And my reaction when i see someone allowing their id to be scanned it utter shock! yes you are using this glorious  card but lack the smarts to realize that just about every bit of your personal information is on that drivers license they just scanned....need i mention target?

Every bank, the Government, the DMV, your landloard, and Acxiom Corp, to name a few, have all of that information and more. They scan ID's to prevent fraud. If you do not agree with such practices, that is fine. But please do not insult others in the process. 

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.