Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactions when presenting CSP

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Reactions when presenting CSP

In particular, CVS scans driving licenses to (sort of) enforce its $5K per rolling 24 hour rule on the credit card purchase of cash equivalents.   For those in the corresponding game, the risk is considered the cost of doing business.   While there is useful info there, such as DOB, usually doesn't include SSN.

Message 31 of 44
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Oh gosh, don't take stuff so personal.

We can't even have fun on this site anymore without someone getting easily offended.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 32 of 44
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:
Oh gosh, don't take stuff so personal.

We can't even have fun on this site anymore without someone getting easily offended.

I really really resent that!

Message 33 of 44
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

You would!

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 34 of 44
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I'm on my phone and I refuse to go to the "Full" version to quote anyone!

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 35 of 44
One7
Valued Contributor

I get reactions from waiters all the time (probably to try and make me feel good to get a good tip) when using my Marriott and CSP when going to restaurants. Hell even at fast food restaurants (mostly by young teens). YMMV I suppose.  It does get quite annoying after a while. All I care about is the UR I get, love my CSP and I use it quite a bit.

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 36 of 44
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Well, mine got me a waitress's number a The Yard House a couple of months back. Well, then again, we were talking the whole night, but she only gave (wrote it on my receipt) me the number after I paid with the card.
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 37 of 44
Rookies1000

To be honest, I haven't got any reaction from anyone and I personally don't think why anyone would react to seeing it.

I don't see it as a status symbol or prestiue in anyway. It's not super hard to get, a lot of my college friends have it. anyone can basically get it unless your credit is messed up or you are in the process of building your credit.

One year ago at this time I had only one credit card (Capital one) with $250 CL. Now I have CSP, Freedom, Chase INK, AMEX SPG and AMEX PRG with good credit line. I used to get very excited when I first got Amex PRG. My CSP card is kinda really worn out because of my fatwallet and it got slided in and out of it alot.

On the other hand, I got invited to a very expensive dinner with a friend whose dad is a CEO of a lumber company. He paid for all of us with the Amex "the black card" and left $500 in tips. Now that would get reaction from waitresses...

Message 38 of 44
dabossman
Contributor

For real tho, I work fast food and I swipe 100s of cards and the first few times I felt the csp before I learned all about it here I was just like omg wow that's heavy!
Mouse over for Limits, Sorted Oldest to Newest
Message 39 of 44
red259
Super Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Well, mine got me a waitress's number a The Yard House a couple of months back. Well, then again, we were talking the whole night, but she only gave (wrote it on my receipt) me the number after I paid with the card.

That sounds like an idea for a tv commercial advertising the CSP.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.