Reactions when presenting CSP

I am waiting to receive my Chase Sapphire Preferred in the mail which got overnighted!

I've read some websites online about the reactions cashiers give yout when you present your metal CSP...

To all of you out there that have the Chase Sapphire Preferred, what has some of the reactions been like? Do you get them often?Smiley Happy

What do you usually say back?

Thanks in advance!

Valued Contributor

Re: Reactions when presenting CSP

DeltaMSP wrote:

I am waiting to receive my Chase Sapphire Preferred in the mail which got overnighted!

I've read some websites online about the reactions cashiers give yout when you present your metal CSP...

To all of you out there that have the Chase Sapphire Preferred, what has some of the reactions been like? Do you get them often?Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance!

IME, no one cares when I pay with my CSP. It's not that big of a deal, really. Most people that take your card to swipe it for you probably swipe a hundred cards a day and after a while a card is a card is a card is a card. 

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Valued Contributor

I went into CVS the other day, and the cashier had never seen a metal credit card. She was in complete shock haha. It was funny to see her reaction. She even asked the other cashiers near by, "have you ever seen anything like this before? I am still in shock!" LOL Smiley Tongue

Age: 22 | AAoA: 4.5 yrs | FICO Scores: 780-810 | Inq: EX: 3, EQ: 3, TR: 3 | GARDENING AS OF 04/03/2015
Super Contributor

I rarely use my CSP for everyday spend I use my freedom,because CSP scratches way too easily 

EX Fico 774 3/3/15 Fako 806 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW bank enhanced 5/26/15 827 CK fako 807 5/11/15
TU Fico Barclay's/Walmart 5/28/15 798 Fako 808 Creditkarma 5/11/15
Valued Contributor

I always get a reaction when I use my CSP. They usually say something like "would you like a receipt", to which I usually say no... 

Then a few minutes later they hand me a bag of taco's and ask me what taco sauce I would like... Highly suspicious behavior if you ask me.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

DeltaMSP wrote:

Thanks in advance!

They get down on their knees and bow before me when I pull out my CSP. Clearly because I have a "metal" card I must be someone incredibly important. Honestly, the only thing that was ever said to me about it is where is the number (the number is on the back not the front). Beyond that no cashier is getting impressed by a credit card and for what it is worth I could care less what someone thought about my card. All that matters is the rewards value I get back.  

Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 730 6/27/14, Last App 6/7/15
Goal Score: 800 In garden until 7/2015
Valued Contributor

Themanwhocan wrote:

I always get a reaction when I use my CSP. They usually say something like "would you like a receipt", to which I usually say no... 

Then a few minutes later they hand me a bag of taco's and ask me what taco sauce I would like... Highly suspicious behavior if you ask me.

yes, this is crazy

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
across the board
Valued Contributor

heyarrnold wrote:

I went into CVS the other day, and the cashier had never seen a metal credit card. She was in complete shock haha. It was funny to see her reaction. She even asked the other cashiers near by, "have you ever seen anything like this before? I am still in shock!" LOL Smiley Tongue

That is strange, I swipe my own credit card at CVS. Doesn't matter if its the self service checkouts or not, there is still a place to swipe your own card.

And I can't tell much difference between a metal or a plastic card. Weight is barely noticeable. Magnets *barely* stick to it at all.

Valued Contributor

Themanwhocan wrote:

heyarrnold wrote:

That is strange, I swipe my own credit card at CVS. Doesn't matter if its the self service checkouts or not, there is still a place to swipe your own card.

And I can't tell much difference between a metal or a plastic card. Weight is barely noticeable. Magnets *barely* stick to it at all.

she was in complete shock though

across the board
Valued Contributor

mongstradamus wrote:

I rarely use my CSP for everyday spend I use my freedom,because CSP scratches way too easily 

weird, i have used mine several times daily for several months and it barely has any marks on it at all. 

across the board
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.