cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactions when presenting CSP

tag
DeltaMSP

Reactions when presenting CSP

I am waiting to receive my Chase Sapphire Preferred in the mail which got overnighted!

I've read some websites online about the reactions cashiers give yout when you present your metal CSP...

To all of you out there that have the Chase Sapphire Preferred, what has some of the reactions been like? Do you get them often?Smiley Happy

What do you usually say back?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Reactions when presenting CSP

@DeltaMSP wrote:

I am waiting to receive my Chase Sapphire Preferred in the mail which got overnighted!

I've read some websites online about the reactions cashiers give yout when you present your metal CSP...

To all of you out there that have the Chase Sapphire Preferred, what has some of the reactions been like? Do you get them often?Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance!

IME, no one cares when I pay with my CSP. It's not that big of a deal, really. Most people that take your card to swipe it for you probably swipe a hundred cards a day and after a while a card is a card is a card is a card. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 44
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

I went into CVS the other day, and the cashier had never seen a metal credit card. She was in complete shock haha. It was funny to see her reaction. She even asked the other cashiers near by, "have you ever seen anything like this before? I am still in shock!" LOL Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 44
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I rarely use my CSP for everyday spend I use my freedom,because CSP scratches way too easily 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 44
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I always get a reaction when I use my CSP. They usually say something like "would you like a receipt", to which I usually say no... 

Then a few minutes later they hand me a bag of taco's and ask me what taco sauce I would like... Highly suspicious behavior if you ask me.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 5 of 44
red259
Super Contributor

@DeltaMSP wrote:

Thanks in advance!

They get down on their knees and bow before me when I pull out my CSP. Clearly because I have a "metal" card I must be someone incredibly important. Honestly, the only thing that was ever said to me about it is where is the number (the number is on the back not the front). Beyond that no cashier is getting impressed by a credit card and for what it is worth I could care less what someone thought about my card. All that matters is the rewards value I get back.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 44
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I always get a reaction when I use my CSP. They usually say something like "would you like a receipt", to which I usually say no... 

Then a few minutes later they hand me a bag of taco's and ask me what taco sauce I would like... Highly suspicious behavior if you ask me.

yes, this is crazy

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 7 of 44
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

I went into CVS the other day, and the cashier had never seen a metal credit card. She was in complete shock haha. It was funny to see her reaction. She even asked the other cashiers near by, "have you ever seen anything like this before? I am still in shock!" LOL Smiley Tongue

That is strange, I swipe my own credit card at CVS. Doesn't matter if its the self service checkouts or not, there is still a place to swipe your own card.

And I can't tell much difference between a metal or a plastic card. Weight is barely noticeable. Magnets *barely* stick to it at all.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 44
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

That is strange, I swipe my own credit card at CVS. Doesn't matter if its the self service checkouts or not, there is still a place to swipe your own card.

And I can't tell much difference between a metal or a plastic card. Weight is barely noticeable. Magnets *barely* stick to it at all.

she was in complete shock though

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 9 of 44
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

I rarely use my CSP for everyday spend I use my freedom,because CSP scratches way too easily 

weird, i have used mine several times daily for several months and it barely has any marks on it at all. 

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.