Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready For Zero?

tag
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

Ready For Zero?

I'm posting in here because it seemed to be the best place, mods feel free to move if it belongs in another forum.

Has anyone used or heard of ReadyForZero? It's similar to Mint but more focused on credit card debt. I decided to sign up on a whim, after a friend mentioned it to me and it certainly is different. It shows you what you owe in total across all the cards you connect to your account. BTW, you're not limited to just credit cards, you can connect student loans, car loans, etc. I connected my Chase Amazon, Discover, TD Bank, Macys, Best Buy. I haven't connected my Citi or Goodyear card yet.

You connect as many as you want, but don't have to include all of it in your savings/payoff plan.

It's a neat website, really allowed me to see the big picture and know exactly how much I owed and how long it would take to pay off if I only paid minimums on everything. Woo would be it be a long time. The other part that makes it useful, is it lays out what you should pay first based on APR, how much you'll save in the long run and you can edit your payment suggestion based on monthly amount or a specific date. I decided I'd like to get everything paid off in a year to a year and a half. So in my case it recommended paying off Macys first. I was always torn between paying store cards or my low limit cards, such as TD Bank.

I was just curious if anyione else was familiar with it.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Ready For Zero?

Taking a quick look I like the layout (ill have to consider signing up to go into more detail) I don't really like paying things from other billpays outside my bank but I do like the option that looks like you can schedule multiple payments automatically based on paychecks and payoff goals directly through it so it's automated to keep on plan, etc.

Message 2 of 3
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ready For Zero?

I'm with you there, I haven't set it to make payments for me. I don't even use my bank's bill pay option.

I definitely like the layout, and when I signed up I was shocked at the difference between that account and Mint, so I signed into Mint to discover it hadn't updated in several months. I wasn't really tracking through Mint but looking at both at the same time was eye opening.

@Creditaddict wrote:

Taking a quick look I like the layout (ill have to consider signing up to go into more detail) I don't really like paying things from other billpays outside my bank but I do like the option that looks like you can schedule multiple payments automatically based on paychecks and payoff goals directly through it so it's automated to keep on plan, etc.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.