Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received new Citi Prestige Card Today

tag
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Received new Citi Prestige Card Today

I made a quick unboxing/review video of the Citi Prestige Card I received today. It's my first YouTube video https://youtu.be/zrU0tmQVLgY

For me, it's a keeper at $350 (Citi Priority). I leverage the 4th night free quite often and have received a ton of value out of it each year. I am sad to see the Admiral's Club lounge access go away, but I don't fly too often to make a big deal out of it.

What do you guys think about the change in benefits? Is it worth still keeping?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Received new Citi Prestige Card Today

Great video Cal, lol dont watch too many youtube videos that arent music but i enjoyed yours. Man, the difference in that Plat hitting the table made me laughSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 25
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks for the video Cal! I agree with AJC..the Plat and Ritz are solid! Wow
I don't own any of these cards. Maybe one day I can grow up and be like you.
Message 3 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oops, did i mean the Ritz? The Ritz definetly looked sweet thoughSmiley Wink. I suffer from short term youtube memorySmiley Happy
Message 4 of 25
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

I made a quick unboxing/review video of the Citi Prestige Card I received today. It's my first YouTube video https://youtu.be/zrU0tmQVLgY

For me, it's a keeper at $350 (Citi Priority). I leverage the 4th night free quite often and have received a ton of value out of it each year. I am sad to see the Admiral's Club lounge access go away, but I don't fly too often to make a big deal out of it.

What do you guys think about the change in benefits? Is it worth still keeping?

I definitely miss Admirals access. Not that the lounges were amazing, but the decent footprint and free guests made it very practical. I never used the free golf perk.

I've had a pretty smooth experience using the remaining key benefits (delay insurance, 4th night, concierge, extended warranty) and got 10k/$3k/6 months retention.

I have no idea what I'll do with the rewards now, but it offers a lot of benefits for a modest net AF.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 25
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Nice video!
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice video!

Could you let us know how long it took after getting the notice?

Message 7 of 25
CreditJim
Established Contributor

My Prestige will be going when the fee is due in October. A real shame as for me the 1.6c redemption on AA flights and the Admirals club access made this card the leader of the pack for me. I fly AA every week and although the lounges are nothing special, I am missing being able to dip into them for some peace and quiet.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 8 of 25
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@CreditJim wrote:

My Prestige will be going when the fee is due in October. A real shame as for me the 1.6c redemption on AA flights and the Admirals club access made this card the leader of the pack for me. I fly AA every week and although the lounges are nothing special, I am missing being able to dip into them for some peace and quiet.

It's a shame that Citi and AA seem blind to the fact that the $.016 redemption on AA flights and the Admirals Club access were a powerful combination that attracted many AA frequent flyers to the Prestige card.  If I were AA, I would be working with Citi (or Barclay) to create a new card that gives folks those two benefits.  I'm thinking a card whose price would fall somewhere between the current $95 regular AAdvantage cards and the $450 Executive AAdvantage card.  There's really no reason why an airline can't sponsor a card that uses a third party travel portal, especially if it has special pricing for its own tickets.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody have the metal Prestige and metal Amazon? When I held my friend's Amazon card I wasn't as impressed with the card itself as I thought I would be. The CSP is wayyyyy nicer.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.