Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Religion

tag
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Religion

I was just wondering if you feel that religion is still a driving force in peoples' lives, or is it near extinction? At another forum I frequent on a regular basis we have a Religion thread that I practically live in (my major is Religious Studies). Most of the people at the other forum are younger (between 15-25 years old) and seem to have a very secular outlook. I can't tell you how many posts I've read that "Science has killed God", "Science is debunking the Bible..." etc etc. (most of the focus is usually on the Judeo-Christian religions, btw).

So I was wondering if you agree that with every generation man is becoming more secular and will eventually do away with the idea of God, or will there always be a need for the mysterious and spiritual?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Religion

While I have some strong spiritual convictions and am open to talking about them, talking about religion, politics, sex, nationality, and race is a no-no on these forums:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=smorgasboard&thread.id=36

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.