cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remember your favorite childhood toys?

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Remember your favorite childhood toys?

Board games--Sorry, Trouble (the pop-omatic game). Connect Four. If you knew a loss was inevitable, you'd just release all the chips. Hahaha.

Easy Bake Oven for my sisters. How in the world did we eat food that was cooked with a 60 Watt light bulb (yuk). It was a real treat back then though.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 51 of 56
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

OOoh, what about SLIME -- came in a trashcan and how about bake your own sun-catchers!

I grew up at the end of a cul-de-sac and we played countless hours of kickball.  The bases were always the same -- sewer cover, chip in concrete, etc.

I can remember riding my bike around and around in circles in the court -- until I rode right into the rear fin of my father's prized cadillac.  I cried -- not because I was hurt, but I was afraid of his wrath!

And who can forget tetherball?  Sheesh!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 52 of 56
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Kickball was the best. Four-square always looked like it was for chumps, until I actually learned how to play (as our teacher banned us from football for a week). That game was a blast.

Did anyone here play strike out? 500? Pom-pom? Pom-pom had some crazy jingle you were supposed to say "pom pom pall away, let your horses run away" or something like that. What was it y'all?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 53 of 56
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

And who can forget tetherball?  Sheesh!

I LOVED tetherball. Oh, it was just the best game!

Teddy Ruxpin, anybody? I had the Big Bird that did the same thing. I remember thinking that Big Bird was the greatest thing.
Message 54 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many had the imfamous horse head on the stick I wonder how many "Giddy Ups was rode on those things"Insert Smileys Raggedy Ann & Andy dolls, Let"s not forget about one of the most popular toy"s the Duncan Yo-Yo, Imperial Yo-Yo, the game Kerplunk,Walkie- Talkie stes. Speed Racer pedal car "Wow".
Message 55 of 56
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I loved tetherball, because I was tall pretty much from birth, and so I had an advantage. Kickball was my fave, doubtless the only sport where I was ever picked first for a team.

We also played something called Greek dodge ball. Don't know if that was the version in the movie (never saw it), but there were two teams, one on each half of a basketball or volleyball court, and each team had two people on the endline behind the other team. You threw at or through the other team. We played with at least two balls, and we could drop 'em like flies! We used those 12" diameter red rubber balls, same ones as in kickball. They left a sting, but it faded in a minute or two.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.